1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

ABS

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 02:27 PM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ABS

ok...we (me and my dad when he gets home) has been trying to remove the ABS module (right under the master cyl.) so that we can remove the brake booster to replace it... well we've been trying for the past 2 days on how to get it off... and theres one bloody bolt that just wont bloody come off!... any ideas on how to get it off? we're taking off the whole mounting bracket so theres 3 bolts holding it to the chassis and the bolt that we cant get off is the one between the brake booster and the abs. its in the most strangest spot and i'm on the verge of just putting dianamite in the car and blowing it up so we dont have to worry about it...

Old 09-09-2006, 06:45 PM
tomthedog
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ABS

my book say the "dealer" should do it, no pics or nothing. i don't have abs so i could'nt even guess. good luck.

Old 09-10-2006, 12:26 AM
spudsterier
Legend

cut it off....then throw the abs away....thats just me, i hate abs

Old 09-10-2006, 10:51 AM
neoncrazy101
Champion

oh i hate it too... but its my sisters car so i cant really take anything off that it came with...even though the ABS doesn't even work... arg lol... got it off though... decided to try it from underneath... and in 20 min. it came off... but then when i reinstalled the brake booster... found out the guy gave me the wrong one... he gave me one off a non ABS one... who would of thought that a Neon thats basiclly all the same... the brake booster would be different... oh well picking up a different one today..