1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Plymouth Vs. Dodge width...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 04:49 PM
FuzzRacer
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Plymouth Vs. Dodge width...

very true on that one, they should be equiped with some sort of interchangability Manual or something, that would help a lot of people out

Old 09-07-2006, 12:06 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

this reminds me of a time...

I used to work at a GMC truck dealer way back in 1988, back when GM changed the body style of the trucks. That first year of the change-over we used to get trucks in on the transport that would show by VIN that it was indeed a GMC but would have a Chevy steering wheel, with a chevy grill and chevy emblems. We would have to order the correct parts and then make the change once they came in. This happened with some regularity within the first few months when the new models were coming in.

I am reminded of this here in this thread since there is no difference between the Plymouth and Dodge versions except for the badging(name designations). All the parts are the same regardless of what the goons at AutoZone or whatever tell you.

Old 09-07-2006, 11:26 PM
FuzzRacer
Captain

I try to stay away from her If I have to go to that part store, most of the time i go there because its closer but there is one across town that I like more because the guys there are more laid back and will actually look out for you with parts and stuff, plus there's a guy that works that that owns a neon. most of the guys there are ASE certified mechanics that use to work with dealships and garages, not sure why they don't now but I get more meaningfull info from those guys.

Old 09-08-2006, 01:11 AM
ewetho
All Star

She was full of it on a Neon but her training is overall and it happens that you have a Ford or Merc or Lincoln with the same engine and year and due to other installed components som minor alteration is done and and you have different belts. Just giggle and move on. Not a big deal. Just be glad she was trying to be thorough.

One car I was wworking on recently had 4 belts depending on accesories. That was for WITH AC.

Old 09-08-2006, 06:53 PM
FuzzRacer
Captain

yeah Id give her an A for effort, gave me more info then needed which says something, even if she wasn't right, still shows that she would go the length to help out if needed 4 belts WITH ac geez, im just having probs with just 2 but I think I got this prob solved so when I get the part my alt belt should stop shredding.

Quick Reply: Plymouth Vs. Dodge width...