1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Can't go over 4000rpm!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 07:43 AM
95_dohc_mtx
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can't go over 4000rpm!!

Yep that's what it was. I'm such a dumbass spraying carb cleaner in it. But i didn't know there must be like a lil circut board in there or somethin n carb cleaner melts **** lol. Live and learn i guess, for me it's usually the hard way tho. Are TPS's common to go out?? Everythings back to normal now. But my car still wants to hesitate sometimes, it's so freakin weird. I've been meaning to check my fuel pressure though, which i think i'll do in the morning hopefully. I hope that tells me something cuz it's really bugging me. Especially the other day when me and my buddy were racing he has a 97 firebird (haha) but it's a v6 auto n it started to hesitate so i was jus like screw it. I'm 99& sure i woulda smoked him tho hehe with the 3.94 geared transaxle. O wells if anyone has any idea why when i step on it, MAINLY in second gear but sometimes in all gears, especially when i just MASH the throttle, then it goes and everything but DEFINETELY with ALOT of noticeable hesitation, and it bugs the **** outta me!! I just wanna figure it out and fix it, jus workin the little bugs outta the old 95 so i can start modifying. I plan on just buying a motor and working my way inside to out. But that's totally off subject. Thanks

Old 09-28-2006, 09:06 AM
racerx55
Record Breaker

changed the fuel filter lately? a 95 has a steel tank, the filter is external, above a metal cover on the pass. side, theyre about $20

Old 09-28-2006, 09:11 AM
racerx55
Record Breaker

is it lean hesitation, or rich? i remember 95's having a problem with the coil throwing weak spark and causing miss / hesitation/poor gas mileage, pull a spark plug & see what it looks like

Quick Reply: Can't go over 4000rpm!!