1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

All talk no action!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 12:23 PM
racerx55
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: All talk no action!

a wrecked 95 sport coupe i tore apart for parts had rear disc - i still have all the parts, my experience with drum brakes and racing, they last about 2 laps then they quit working, so i just changed the cars setup so it will slide in the corner on its own & dont need to count on the rear brakes at all, im probly gonna switch to rear disc for next season, if i do ill be sure to let evryone know how it works out.
im pretty sure rear disc was an option on evrything but the base model, i guess not many were ordered like that
if you want less work leave the wheels on & drive it as is

Old 09-27-2006, 01:00 AM
NYG
Veteran

ORIGINAL: racerx55

a wrecked 95 sport coupe i tore apart for parts had rear disc - i still have all the parts, my experience with drum brakes and racing, they last about 2 laps then they quit working, so i just changed the cars setup so it will slide in the corner on its own & dont need to count on the rear brakes at all, im probly gonna switch to rear disc for next season, if i do ill be sure to let evryone know how it works out.
im pretty sure rear disc was an option on evrything but the base model, i guess not many were ordered like that
if you want less work leave the wheels on & drive it as is
Drum Brakes are less expensive - so only the performance cars were generally setup with rear disc brakes - the ACR and R\T were both considered performance or sport cars.

Old 09-27-2006, 05:37 AM
racerx55
Record Breaker

wouldnt the master cylinder for drums have less fluid volume for pedal travel distance - and the disc conversion would make the pedal spongy, calipers do take more volume to move that the small wheel cylinders on drums...

Old 09-27-2006, 11:42 AM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^That I'm not sure about, but you don't have to change the master cylinder when swapping to discs. I didn't and alot of other people don't either.

Old 09-27-2006, 03:03 PM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've found Shelby Chargers, Shelby Daytona's, GLH's, AWD turbo Talon/Eclipse/Laser's and Stealth R/T TT/3000GT VR4's in my local junkyards before, so I know that there around.

Quick Reply: All talk no action!