1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Need Help Painting Interior

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 01:03 AM
FuzzRacer
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need Help Painting Interior

that's a lot of money for interior paint, I was gona get into the specialty plastic stuff but thought about mistakes, mainly runs, at least that way I wasn't out of a lot of money and could just go over it, originally I wanted that acrylic feel to it, I have a spare dash so when Im ready to try the acrylic look to it ill be set

Old 10-16-2006, 01:09 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the paint i used didnt run..it went on real nice and smooth with no problems...and still looks good almost 4 years later without any fade

Old 10-16-2006, 01:20 AM
FuzzRacer
Captain

I see that paint is well worth it. did it look smoth? like did it hide the texture of the dash, my spare dash is all sanded even and smoothed down and ready for paint, I didnt want that hand looking texture to it the second go around.

Old 10-16-2006, 01:34 AM
spudsterier
Legend

it showed the texture....but thats what i wanted, now it looks like it came from the factory that way

Old 10-16-2006, 01:48 AM
FuzzRacer
Captain

the texure look turned out ok with what i have now, but at some point I wanted to go smooth so i sanded the He** out of my spare dash. the man prob was evening it out and not leaving any sand marks from to much pressure with the sandpaper, I gotta say though that the texture for the first round turned out better then I thought it would that kinda got me to thinking how it would look smoother, Im not even sure what paint Im gona go with this time, Dupli-Color has a website with people who have used there paints for projects, there's this awesome pic of this guy who used mirage paint I do believe on his cycle tank kicks butt, Bishop and anyone else intrested in painting parts of there car should check this site out for Ideas, this is of the tank I was talking about but you can navi through the rest of the site.http://duplicolor.anthonythomas.com/...tory.php?id=44

Old 10-16-2006, 09:55 AM
spudsterier
Legend

if sumone decides to try the duplicolor interior paint.......dont....i used it and it was hard to not make it runny looking....and after about a month or so..if that..the paint started peeling off

Old 10-16-2006, 03:37 PM
FuzzRacer
Captain

Thanks for the tip, mines still going strong I keep it armorald, then again I didn't use there interior paint, that could be the reason, i was thinking of going white and black second round but for the white I was gona use that ice mirage I saw, kinda gives it a pearl white look kinda hesitant on that one though, second option is just white with maybe some specks in it.

Old 10-16-2006, 04:57 PM
ZiggyNeon
Veteran

ORIGINAL: spudsterier

if sumone decides to try the duplicolor interior paint.......dont....i used it and it was hard to not make it runny looking....and after about a month or so..if that..the paint started peeling off
i used the viny & fabric paint by duplicolor on my shifter housing fuse panel door and all my vents and it came out great had the vents painted for like a year and no peeling or cracking

but i just redid all the vents and the whole top of my dash with the lighter ford blue engine enamel i think it looks sexy now ill take some pics tonight and get them posted

EDIT : oh and spud when u pulled the fabric off that door panel how did it look with out ne fabric on it??

Old 10-16-2006, 07:30 PM
spudsterier
Legend

it was white and looked real ****ty...i hope you wouldnt plan on keeping the material off, or painting it.....you could paint it though, but you would have to sand it down real good first

if anyone decides to paint the top of the dash they should use dark colors.....light colors put a real bad reflection on the windshild...just FYI from when i friend painted the top of his dash yellow[:'(]

Old 10-16-2006, 07:56 PM
ZiggyNeon
Veteran

just went to a junk yard and cut one open and saw the white crap you were talking about and the reflection thing my oem color put a bad reflection onto the windshield with a light coat of armor all a

Quick Reply: Need Help Painting Interior