1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Better Tools

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006 | 05:43 PM
FuzzRacer
|
Captain
Default Better Tools

After Bypassing my A/C( which I still need to dissconnect) I realized that the job could have went smoother then it did tool wise, So my question is: Does anyone have any suggestions for some good tools, ones that can get in those hard to reach places like the P/S bolts, just something with an angled neck but still skinny to get in tight places

Old 10-19-2006 | 08:40 PM
HabitatHxC
Captain
Default RE: Better Tools

lol bring some tools out to park ave well riper out! Ive done a buncha work on park ave!

Old 10-20-2006 | 12:29 AM
spudsterier
Legend

ratchet wrench and long extensions

when i take the pumps out i use a ratchet wrench to get the bottom bolt, and a i remove the two top radiator brackets, then lift up the passenger corner of the radiator a little, then use 2 long extensions and get the other 2 top bolts of the pump from through the front bumper

Old 10-20-2006 | 02:56 AM
das2123
Legend

ORIGINAL: spudsterier

ratchet wrench and long extensions
Those are so nice to have.

Old 10-20-2006 | 03:39 AM
FuzzRacer
|
Captain

I'll probably invest in some rachet wrenches, o and probably some hex sockets, saw a nice ampro set in advance auto I think, any suggestions on a particular kind? ive heard good things about snap-on but those etched craftmans look good, those are just the rachets and sockets, not the wrenches though.

Old 10-20-2006 | 03:56 AM
ZiggyNeon
Veteran

snap on craftsman there both lifetime warranty so id just go with the cheaper of the two...craftsman for the win

Old 10-20-2006 | 04:23 AM
FuzzRacer
|
Captain

lol thanks everyone. yeah zigg I think craftsman gona take home the
"Adrian tool box challege 300" sponsored by a Jackson, a hamilton, and Ab Lincoln and probably some washingtons, Im gona buy some offset wrenches as well gotta keep these though, I keep losing tools here and there working on the car, I use to put them in the right spot in the tool box all the time but got lazy.

Old 10-20-2006 | 04:55 AM
racerx55
Record Breaker

ratchet wrenches are one of the best things ive ever bought, the reversable kind, the ones you flip over to go the other way you get them stuck in tight spaces when you run a bolt out against the firewall and cant get it off the end of the bolt or reverse the wrench to run it back in[:@]

Old 10-20-2006 | 10:54 AM
spudsterier
Legend

i stole my favorite ratchet wrenches from my old mechanic job....of course i took 10mm, 13mm, and 15mm....basically just the ones needed to rip apart an entire neon

i plan on buying a few sets of ratchet wrenches when the sears credit card gets paid down a little.....i like the snap on though, the handle parts are usually a little smoother so its easier on the hands when turning tight bolts.....
wanna get some good deals on sockets and wrenches then check on ebay....i found a whole set of the craftsman etched sockets on there for 10.00 that no one bid on a while back...i woulda bought them but i didnt have any money[:@]

ebay is where i got my snap-on blue point harmonis balancer puller(the one needed for the neon) i paid 60.00 shipped, snap-on wants like 120.00 for it

most tools have a lifetime warranty if you look at them....the autozone tools do too...and if you want a cheap good ratchet, then go and buy an autozone one, then get a snap on ratchet rebuild kit and replace the internal parts of it....they fit right it....then you have a cheap snap on ratchet.....

i bought my huge breaker bar from autozone for 18.00, i use it as a wedge or a hammer most of the time....works great and craftsman wants like 80.00 for a similar one[&:]

my tool box is always organized.....i cant stand it when people just throw stuff in there....especially the wife

when i got my tool box, i wanted to get the little rubber mats to put in the bottom of the drawers so the tools dont slide around when you open or close it.....went to sears and they wanted like 40.00 for enough lining to cover all the drawers, so i went to walmart and in the kitchen ware isle i found some rubber shelf lining.....cost me about 8.00 to do the whole tool box

Old 10-20-2006 | 11:21 AM
das2123
Legend

I have a set kinda like THIS only with more stuff...works great.

Quick Reply: Better Tools