1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Ahoy!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006 | 06:37 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Default RE: Ahoy!

ebay is probally your best bet....get the motor and trans with everything needed for about 2000-3000....but if your gonna swap it out, then your best bet is to spend about 6,000 on a whole recked srt4, then you have all the parts needed

Old 10-28-2006 | 07:15 PM
Hardo

Not to be rude, but why would I need a wrecked SRT/4 when a straight motor/tranny swap is all I want? I understand I'll need motor mounts and stuff, but why an entire car?

Old 10-28-2006 | 08:01 PM
FuzzRacer
Captain

Various reason, like with any other swap you may need parts here and there from the SRT-4 car. might decide to splice the harness if you don't want to try to find a new one, might decide to put the SRT-4 rims on, plus in some yards it could just be cheaper, some yards might charge you more just for the motor vs the entire car plus if you do need some other stuff you wouldn't have to return and get those things, they would be at your finger tips, not only that but your lucky to find one period and if you don't get the parts while you can, they may not be there when you go back. basically like spud said, all the parts you would need except things like megasquirt are included

Old 10-28-2006 | 09:18 PM
spudsterier
Legend

unless you decide to use an engine management system, then you will need to get the srt4 wire harness, pcm, gauge cluster, ignition.....misc. things....if you are gonna use the srt4 tranny, then you will probally need the cross member, struts, spindles, half shafts.....

Quick Reply: Ahoy!