1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

couple minor porblems now....

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006 | 03:31 AM
Youngstown97Sohc
|
Professional
Default couple minor porblems now....

well ... now that my baby is running better , im looking at a few minor tweaks i have...

first , when im driving , and i brake , i get wobble in the left side..almost like a tie rod.. anyone have any previous experience with a broken belt , and what that feels like...

next problem associated with said previous problem , is if i get a good wobble , my left turn signal kinda trips to the "almost , but not quite" on position.. it kinda just stays on... a light touch of the combination lever fixes this , but this is annoying seeing as im looking at putting 2 10's in my backseat... lots of bump...

my next question is , rims.. who makes some nice cheapo rims that could handle day to dya driving... no major turns or pressure , but nothin too cheap...

im outta ideas already , but there will be more..
hova

Old 11-04-2006 | 03:36 AM
HabitatHxC
Captain
Default RE: couple minor porblems now....

I know about the turnsignal... i have a similar prollum! When i tap the break pedal really fast it kicks on and off on and off. Is it the left?

Ive see a post about it on here, And apparently its a common problem! I just deal with it, so i dont know how to fix it.

Old 11-04-2006 | 04:01 AM
winsettz
Veteran

I thought wobble was un-even wear of brake pads?

Old 11-04-2006 | 04:18 AM
iwalton63
Professional

I had the same problem with mine. It was because one of the springs on the inside was broken. You will most likley have to replace the mutli switch( its the whole balck thing, the turn signal lever and the hazards lights.) its farley cheap.and very easy to change.

Old 11-06-2006 | 05:33 AM
Youngstown97Sohc
|
Professional

yeah it turns on to the left... i figured one of the combination switches was bad , and i havent messed with it yet b/c my air bag light is on all the time... i sit waaaay back just to be safe...lol

but yeah , i kinda just deal with it..its only happened a few times and its not like the other things im watching for when driving... one of these days im waiting to see a rod blow thru the hood (my honda did said action , throwing a rod through my hood @ 5000rpm ....oh well) ....

i figure worst case scenario im just going to the junkyard tomorrow for some stoopid misc parts , and may pull a combi switch ...

any info on switching to a combi switch with cruise control or any upgrades ? they all plug in the same no matter what model right ?? (i mean the same year , etc , but highline ,yadda yadda all have the same plug...just more wires...???)

thanks guys
hova

Old 11-06-2006 | 09:47 AM
spudsterier
Legend

yeah its all the same plug......
i think its alomst impossible to throw a rod through the hood on a neon.....so there is one less thing to worry about, however, out the oil pan is a different story

for the wobble i would get new rotors or get the old ones turned

Old 11-08-2006 | 04:17 AM
Youngstown97Sohc
|
Professional

my brakes seem to be fine... im not getting any niose from them at all , and theres no noticeable gouges...
when i take my car in tomorrow , im going to see if i can have them reseal , and balance all 4 tires... most places around here dont use grease to seal tires , and it really is necesary...

hova

Old 11-08-2006 | 04:31 AM
jared6180
Professional

Tires is where i would start on the wobble, but from there move into the brakes as it could be uneven pad wear or a warped rotor!!!

Old 11-08-2006 | 04:33 AM
Youngstown97Sohc
|
Professional

warped rotor...i forgot about that.... thats very possible....

thanks
hova

Quick Reply: couple minor porblems now....