1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

so close....yet so far

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 09:42 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: so close....yet so far

it is pretty loud when you rev it up when its sitting......but i was told that it was gonna be and i dont know anyone with the mopar BOV on their car.....and the only time that you can hear it is after you let off the gas....

i just wanna find out how to make it run smoothly[&:]

Old 12-04-2006, 04:00 AM
95neonriceeater
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: spudsterier

.....and the only time that you can hear it is after you let off the gas....

that's when you're suposed to hear it!!!!

Old 12-04-2006, 05:34 AM
jared6180
Professional

almost done!!! After this I should send you my car and have you do mine!

Old 12-04-2006, 08:42 AM
racerx55
Record Breaker

i got my talon fired up FINALLY, up for a race spud? my BOV didnt open the first time and it sounded like a diesel pullin tractor shuttin down, lol. my BOV is the stock one and its really quiet even when its not recirculated
if it sounds like a subaru its gotta be runnin on 3 cylinders, lol them things always sounds like they got a dead hole
you'll get it man, it runs, thats an accomplishment
get the bugs worked out thats even better

Old 12-04-2006, 10:55 AM
spudsterier
Legend

well i knew a guy that had a BOV that only would blow off after he red lined it and it then revved down....then it would blow off..

you can rev mine to about 2000 and hear it blow off

atleast there isnt alot of problems....the car still starts right up and idles good until you start to give it gas.....
i dont have a wide ban 02 sensor but the air/fuel gauge stays on the rich side when ideling....so im hoping its just because the fuel pressure isnt set...but after work later im gonna go and get a fuel gauge tester and adjust it a bit..

hey i will race you....no problem

the car is running on all cylinders, it just has the rumble that the subies do when they have an aftermarket exhaust....
the car does sound alot like an srt4 when its ideling too.....i wonder why

i really like the blue plate style mopar BOV....if i had an srt4 then i would get one for it too

like i said, as soon as it runs i will put up a sound clip

Old 12-04-2006, 11:05 AM
racerx55
Record Breaker

my BOV blows air out at any given RPM, even just a little rev to 1500 and back, you just cant hear it, it got really loud at 18 psi when i backed off, now if i can just cure the fuel dumping issue at 3500 RPM, right before it spools it starts burbling ungodly rich and pours this huge cloud of black smoke then goes like hell
sound like yours is just a little much fuel goin in, dont sounds hard to get it right, mines just being gay

Old 12-04-2006, 11:27 AM
spudsterier
Legend

some guys on the srtforums told me to set the fuel pressure at about 52-55 psi....so i hope that works..

my BOV is pretty loud....when you have the hood open and letting off the throttle, you cant even hear the engine.....
plus it isnt a real quick blow, it goes the whole time the engine revs down

the hard intercooler pipes help out the sound a bit too....you can really hear the turbo

Old 12-04-2006, 03:36 PM
FastNeon84
Record Breaker

Wow spud..i bet it does sound nice...i hope i can hear my turbo at idle...and then blow off as low as the 2000-2500rpm range....is there a certain kind of BOV and intercooler piping you get? or is it just the way you have it set up?

Old 12-04-2006, 04:29 PM
spudsterier
Legend

hard intercooler pipes will make the turbo loud...especially when spooling because it will echo.....

the BOV is loud and blows off at low rpm's because its the mopar plate style....not an intube BOV....but the BOV on an srt4 is also regulated by a couple selonoids on the vaccum line....that way it blows off at a speciafied pressure...since our neons dont have a selonoids and the vaccum line goes straght to the manifold, there is no specified pressure to blow it off at.....

and the BOV is on the back of the engine, so it blows off under the hood and faces down a little...so it echos out and under the car

Old 12-05-2006, 01:23 AM
spudsterier
Legend

well i went to go and get my pressure tester gauge today and found out that they all connect to the schrader valve on the fuel rail...well i cant use my valve to test the pressure because thats where my return line is connected to....and i cant find a tester that connects to the port on the regulator.....
so instead i ordered a mechanical autometer ultra-lite fuel pressure gauge that matches my other gauges and will mount to the test port on the regulator and i can just keep it mounted in there....just sux that i have to wait til wednesday to get it, and then it will be under the hood so i cant see it[&:]

so hopefully wednesday or thursday it will be running smoother.....then i can adjust the map clamp once the fuel is set

ugh, this sux.....but atleast its gonna look good with that gauge on there