neon turbo timing and fuel

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 03:28 PM
FastNeon84
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: neon turbo timing and fuel

ORIGINAL: srt4sleeper

good thing i log onto here before i buy stuff lol. i know the mopar pcm "greatly advances timing" in there sales pitch. so if im trying to retard the timing and advance it im just asking for trouble lookes like. what performance pcm would you suggest? or should i leave it stock?
that what i was about to ask also...dont want to waste $220 on a mopar PCM if its gonna mess up my car when it gets turboed..so any advice on the PCMs?

Old 12-04-2006, 04:18 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

use the stock pcm

also you dont wanna bore an engine 40 over if you gonna have the turbo.....20 would be just fine....but 40 might be pushing it a little

Old 12-04-2006, 08:06 PM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker

alright so im just curious why is 40 over pushing it? i am really new to this turbo stuff. i know how to fix cars just never worked on a high performance engine before and now they threw in anothe twist with the ECU retarting the timing

so if you were to have the AEM cam gears the ones that are adjustable and the Ecu AND Had the Cam gears set to 10 advanced and the computer 10 retard it would obviously be 0 Right?

so would it be a waste to get the cam gears and the ECU

im kinda just rambling

Old 12-04-2006, 10:31 PM
fullbuilt
All Star

yah i know my whole engine can handle 25 p.s.i. the block has been blueprinted and bored over. and the whole engine is balanced. my bottom end has a stock lightened shaft, eagle rods, wiseco 8.8:1 comp. pistons and plus i have a custom ground camshaft and oversized rods with springs to match to hopefully take care of valve float. so if i used a AEM adjustable camshaft gear with a mopar performance pcm would i still need to retard timing by 10 degrees?
[/quote]
with your motor being ballenced the way it is, for a single cam about 2 degress retard and dual i think its retard the intake and advance the egsaust, you wount know for sure until your on the dyno.

Old 12-05-2006, 01:57 AM
srt4sleeper

ok i pretty much understand the timing concern i have but how do you adjust fuel curves on a stock pcm? anybody have some ideas on what to purchase for a stand alone fuel management system to adjust fuel curves and all other necessary sensor reprograming? let me know thanks

Old 12-05-2006, 02:18 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: DOHCgarrett t3

alright so im just curious why is 40 over pushing it? i am really new to this turbo stuff. i know how to fix cars just never worked on a high performance engine before and now they threw in anothe twist with the ECU retarting the timing

so if you were to have the AEM cam gears the ones that are adjustable and the Ecu AND Had the Cam gears set to 10 advanced and the computer 10 retard it would obviously be 0 Right?

so would it be a waste to get the cam gears and the ECU

im kinda just rambling
would it be worth spending all that money to have a higher rev limiter????
you would be better off spending the money on sumthing different....like a boost controller, adjustable wastegate, or sumthing like that

Quick Reply: neon turbo timing and fuel