1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

need help with speakers

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 02:33 AM
zigzag801
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with speakers

ok so I just got a 1996 Dodge Neon Couple automatic a couple of nights ago. I'm turning 16 in a couple weeks, so this was my early b-day present. Well all the speakers in the car are broken except the drivers door speaker. The stereo is also some what broken, the left **** is broken on my stereo. So I have a couple of questions.

1.) What are the sizes of all the speakers in the car (doors, dashboard, trunk/subwoofers)

2.)I don't have a lot of money at the moment, so I'm looking for some cheap,loud, reliable speakers...whats a good brand?

I don't need help on getting the panels off, b/c I have a Chilton book that tells me all the stuff, except what the average size of the speakers are. Now I was just going to take one of the dead speakers out, and take them to the store, but I didn't want to take apart everything, then have to reput it on, then take them off again when I get the speakers. O I also have one more question...

3.)I have an ipod, so I also want a stereo that is Ipod ready, what would you recommend.

Now I'm low on money, b/c I just bought a whole bunch of new stuff for the car, so its safer, now that the car is safe, I can finally get new speakers. So as a noob, I really appreciate the help!

Old 01-04-2007, 02:43 AM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: need help with speakers

rears are 6x9 and the fronts are 6.5 (with the 6.75 adapter...atleast mine needed the 6.75 adapter) and the dash i think are either 2.5 or 3 inch.

I just installed some Schoche (sp) front speakers and their pretty good...and in the rear i have some Durabrands and their pretty good...but they still have that Durabrand reliablity lol... after a while of running them pretty loud they have begon to crackle a little with some high tones so yea... but both sets i got for $20 bucks each so yea.

Old 01-04-2007, 03:32 AM
NEONRT98
All Star

Pioneer speakers are both fairly cheap and very reliable from what I have found.

Old 01-04-2007, 11:49 AM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: zigzag801
3.)I have an ipod, so I also want a stereo that is Ipod ready, what would you recommend.
Get a decent stereo that has the capability. Having the Ipod connection is so sweet!

Old 01-04-2007, 05:42 PM
jimustanguitar

pioneer does make good speakers, their better speakers are branded pioneer premier, so they are nicer if you want. make sure to get a detach face radio, you would rather spend the extra money to get a nice radio than you would replacing a broken window.

Old 01-04-2007, 10:32 PM
casper
Legend

Cheap and good do not go together very well with stereo equipment. You can find deals but, I have found that this is one place where you really do get what you pay for most of the time. Pioneers are good, they sound ok and last for a while, but if you are into sound, you are gonna spend and not on pioneer

Old 01-04-2007, 10:51 PM
99 Neon
Veteran

i got a kenwood cd mp3 player in my car and it doesnt have the ipod connectio but i just got an itrip and i can use my ipod easy as that and lawl ur drivers works but nothin else mines broke everythin else works

Old 01-09-2007, 01:44 AM
zigzag801

ok well this weekend i was going to buy a stereo. Now I've been doin some research and I have found a couple of stereo's from like best buy and car toys that have the Ipod read Stereo's for about 100 to 150 bucks, now that would be perfect for me, cause thats what I have. But when best buy/car toys doesn't tell me if it will work in my car. Now I know that I can go in and ask them, but I want to be a bit more prepared before I enter the store that way I don't have to leave and come back. Now does anyone recomend a certain brand of stereo? I have found that my speakers in my car may not all be broken, it may actually just be an electrical problem from my old stereo. That thing is so old, its about to fall out of my car lol. So I was going to get a removable flaceplate stereo for my car. So just thought that i would get some suggestions from the Neon owners out there. Also if the stero doesn't fit, can't I buy a kit so it will fit? and should I measure the dimensions of the stereo before I go?

Old 01-09-2007, 06:18 PM
jdm0830
Rookie

jst get any car stereo with connections for wut looks like a ps2 connection. then go to radioshack they sell cables that convert that to the headphone jack things. also i think u will need to get a radio installation kit from wallmart cheap. they are to fill up the space that the old radio took up. i bought my car with a a sony radio in it,but i think the oem radio is like twice the size, thats why u will need the kit. so itll add a cubby. and u can get cheap as radios for like 90 bucks that have these connections. i got a nice dual brand radio from walmart fro 150. still havent installed it yet, havent had time but it seems like its going to fit.

Old 01-09-2007, 06:23 PM
QuiK615
Veteran

Nice sig JDM describs me exactly cept im more of an AMD / ATI fan

Quick Reply: need help with speakers