1st Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 1st gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Anybody want a 2nd gen stepside?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 08:19 PM
wontacceptthis
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anybody want a 2nd gen stepside?

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/3543476876.html

I was browsing craigslist, and found this. I don't need or want it, despite my fascination for the elusive 2nd gen stepsides.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:55 PM
91ram
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wontacceptthis
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/3543476876.html

I was browsing craigslist, and found this. I don't need or want it, despite my fascination for the elusive 2nd gen stepsides.
$1k thats a steal or at least it would be in my neck of the woods. Hell, i just turned down 2500 for my pink monster.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:35 PM
Sniper X
Captain

That looks like it would be a great project truck since for a grand you can afford to stick a crate motor in it and have a nice street truck.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:57 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

Man those things are ugly. Why anyone ever thought that conversion was a good idea is beyond me.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:07 AM
Sniper X
Captain

Originally Posted by Wombat Ranger
Man those things are ugly. Why anyone ever thought that conversion was a good idea is beyond me.
Like everything else, someone out there loves those things. I never liked any make of stepside. The bed is too small, it is ugly, and there are cars with a bigger trunk than the tiny bed on some stepside trucks.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:16 AM
91ram
Amateur

Originally Posted by Sniper X
Like everything else, someone out there loves those things. I never liked any make of stepside. The bed is too small, it is ugly, and there are cars with a bigger trunk than the tiny bed on some stepside trucks.
Taking looks out of the equation: There are certain situations where, in my opinion, a step side is a better than a full box. Hauling gravel, feed, or fertilizer are a few things that quickly come to mind, it just makes shoveling a lot easier not having to deal with wheel wells. They also make better hay trucks.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:29 PM
Scooter78
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 91ram
Taking looks out of the equation: There are certain situations where, in my opinion, a step side is a better than a full box. Hauling gravel, feed, or fertilizer are a few things that quickly come to mind, it just makes shoveling a lot easier not having to deal with wheel wells. They also make better hay trucks.
I was going to agree with you, 'till I read your post. Lol. I can't think of a single time when I was hauling something, and thought, "Man, this would be so much easier with a stepside!" Hauling hay? I have hauled more hay than I care to think about and smaller has never been better. Wheel wells are a non-issue once you have loaded a few times and learn how to stagger them in.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:10 PM
91ram
Amateur

Originally Posted by eric.b
I was going to agree with you, 'till I read your post. Lol. I can't think of a single time when I was hauling something, and thought, "Man, this would be so much easier with a stepside!" Hauling hay? I have hauled more hay than I care to think about and smaller has never been better. Wheel wells are a non-issue once you have loaded a few times and learn how to stagger them in.

Very true about the hay, but that was really just an after thought anyway. I guess i never considered space because our hay trucks have cattle racks and we pull trailers also. Ill stand by my comments about shoveling though.

Last edited by 91ram; 02-28-2013 at 06:05 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:04 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

I still think they are appaulling in appearance.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:44 AM
Sniper X
Captain

For sure it is easier tha shovel stuff out of a stepside. Oh, and I DID see one that looked very cool yesterday on the way to work and thought of this thread. But it was a late 80s Ford. That model (other than very early step sides) was the best looking modern stepside. At least the best looking one since they came out with the fleetside bed.

Quick Reply: Anybody want a 2nd gen stepside?