1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Slant Six to 318 Clutch Parts

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 11:38 PM
Cam74
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slant Six to 318 Clutch Parts

Hey Everyone,

I have a 1985 Dodge Ram 100 with a Slant Six and a 4 speed. I plan on putting a 318 into it. I already have the bellhousing and the flywheel to do the conversion. Im wondering though if I will be able to still use the Clutch Fork and everything thats still on the truck now.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

-Cam-

Old 02-05-2008, 09:12 PM
lugnuts
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Slant Six to 318 Clutch Parts

I'm not sure on the fork. I went from scant 6 to a big block /A-833 4spd. Had a cast iron bell, 11.5' clutch, not sure what the bell came out of. The /6 ball mnt on the frame doesn't line up with my bellhousing ball. Used the /6 bell offset bracket, attached at ball hole on the bell[Which has a bastard size 9/16'thread],welded a leg on it that rests on the bell to keep it from flexing or turning. Also had to lengthen lower arm of bell crank to line up with fork. A small blk shuvee rocker arm pivot makes a good adjuster pivot on the fork. Only good part on a shuvee.Ifthings don't line up with your smallblock,probably would be alot less headache to just get the factory V-8 parts. [Unless your cheap like me]

Quick Reply: Slant Six to 318 Clutch Parts