1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What Did You Do To Your RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 01:27 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i finally finished my oil change today after i got all the bolts tightened on oil pan and reinstalled the trans inspection cover and starter.

Old 12-13-2009, 03:46 PM
rwb
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I replaced battery cables and vacuum lines. Now I actually have heat, nice!

Old 12-14-2009, 06:17 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

i noticed something arcing under the hood of my truck today. it was running like $h*t when i seen it arcing. i think there are a few cracked wires. i'm going to spend tomoro looking around and wrapping wires in electric tape. funny enough it stop arcing when i gave it some gas.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:07 PM
rwb
Rookie

It sounds more like your plug wires are going bad.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:53 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

i have extra sparkplug wires. thats what i thought it was because the coil is the only thing that is powerfull enought to create the arcs i was seeing.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:46 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

the sparkplug wire was nearly cut in half. after i replaced the wire my truck started and ran good. and i thought my truck was out of gas lol.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:31 PM
Rudebaker
Rookie

Had the pins and bushings replaced in my driver's door today so now you don't have to have a running start to get it shut.

I have a few miles on the headers and exhaust now and I'm pretty happy with it. It has much better passing power after adding the headers and different exhaust. It's quiet but "throaty" now and very quiet in the cab at highway speeds, I can actually hear the radio now. Before it had a nice growl at low RPM but it was just plain loud and irritating at highway speeds .Can't tell any mileage results though because of all the cold weather and I don't have a heat stove on the headers yet to feed warm air to the carb so it's taking longer to warm up which doesn't help MPG's at all. I have a hot air kit on order and I will be hooking up the factory dual snorkle air cleaner vacuum lines to make all the cold weather apparatus functional again once it arrives. Fortunately whoever stripped the lines off left the temp sensor, flappers, doors and diaghrams in place.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:22 PM
SWhetsel
Amateur
Default Well sorta today/last night.

Yeah, so I had a small leak in the radiator and put some stop leak into it a few days ago. Fixed the leak until yesterday, biggest snow storm so far thus season, and guess what? You guessed it! LEAK! Of course it started leaking again out plowing. Cooled it down and drove home. Found the only radiator in 40 mi went and got it, as well as some more stop leak.

I figure I can get it to stop, finish plowing, and replace in the morning because its 9:00 at night and I have to get this stuff done.

ha.....

It stopped leaking then about 15mi from my house at one of my business accounts, hiss... HUGE LEAK. Great....

So I call my fiancee and she comes and drive me home to my personal truck where I grabbed my tools and the new radiator I was planning on installing the next day. I drove back out there arriving a little after midnight where I began replacing the radiator in the parking lot.

Yup, laid in the snow and got covered in tranny fluid and coolant working in the 15 degree weather until 2:30 am.

Finally got it all together, refilled the coolant, finished my two accounts I had left, and drove home arriving around 4 am.

LONG NIGHT!

That's what I did today/last night on my truck.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:25 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

i finaly got my y-pipe welded and installed after 3 months of snow. i also temporarily install the muffler and the truck sounds nice and quiet but it still has that nice rumble that i like. no more waking the neighbors when i go to work on my truck.

Old 03-27-2010, 01:53 AM
Firemedic24

I replaced my distributor and coil today and boy did I screw up. Pulled the distributor out at TDC on the exhaust stroke...tried to put it back in at TDC on the compression stroke...wouldn't crank, said a few bad words, then pulled my head out of my a$$ and done it the right way and now it runs awesome,,,purrs like a kitten. Gonna change the oil and replace the oil pan gasket here in the next few days or so(that really looks fun!!!!)

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your RAM Today?