1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What Did You Do To Your RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 11:25 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts
Default What Did You Do To Your RAM Today?

i installed my not so new, new horns. had to run new wires because it would blow the 15a horn fuse. now it is hooked straight to the battery and a switch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCXtvqe3A4Y

Old 11-01-2009, 11:02 AM
tooltime
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not today but this past Friday i put new belts on the truck

Old 11-01-2009, 05:39 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

i spent 2 hours today adjusting my doors. now the doors close like the truck was brand new.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:37 PM
tooltime
Veteran

How did you adjust the doors? The pass door drops. I need/want to buy some hinges for it but dont have the extra money at this time. I did use a hammer on bottom of door and that helped a little.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:30 PM
moparborn
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New hinge pins are available if the hinge is not to bad.
A jack can really make it easy to adjust the doors as well from fatigued metal.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:05 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

about a month or so a i replaced the pins and bushings($12) on the driver's side door and after i was done the back of my door was down about 2 inches. so i loosened the bottom hinge and adjusted till it would close. i have noticed lately that the passenger side door drops but the pins and bushings are not bad. the door was being pushed up by the post that hold the door closed. i adjusted both top and bottom hinges on the passenger side door to get it close to perect. i then adjusted the post that holds the door closed. you can lower it enough to make a difference. it help alot on the drivers side door. on the pasenger side door i removed some washers from behind the post. you can see the the metal rolling up from the door hiting the post.

Last edited by crazzywolfie; 11-02-2009 at 04:37 AM.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:29 AM
tooltime
Veteran

on my truck someone put a battery terminal on the lower hinge,cant remember whish bolt. I have messed with it and noting worked yet.When shut it looks fine except the bottom it is hanging over the rocker panel.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:09 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

Originally Posted by tooltime
on my truck someone put a battery terminal on the lower hinge
they put a ground on the hinge? weird. i wired up my heater fan and windshield washer pump. it started to rain as i was finishing. everything works great now. i also got my truck running again. i had my distributor turned all the way back when it should have been turn all the way forward. there is a few more small electrical thing left to fix. i plan on plugging in the windshield wipers and see if the wires need to be lengthened. i also want to reconnect eveything for the electric brakes.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:16 PM
Rudebaker
Rookie

Not today but Friday I installed a new stereo and speakers and reconnected the cable for the shift indicator. Saturday I replaced the wiper motor and put a tool box in it. Yesterday I set the timing, adjusted the idle mixture screws (which brought the idle vacuum up from 14 Inches to 20) and I connected the vacuum advance to the correct port on the carb. It was hooked up wrong the whole time my kid owned the truck. Runs MUCH better now, hopefully it will help the mileage because it's as bad as anything I have ever owned. I also aired all 4 tires up to 35 PSI. I then went to the local wrecking yard, they just got in a bunch of Cash for Clunkers trucks and one was a '91 or so W250 with a 318 4Bbl. and 4 speed. I pulled the mirrors, tailgate and window crank for mine. I also got the factory 4 Bbl. air cleaner setup to put on for the winter, Illinois winters and open element air cleaners don't play well together. When I popped the air cleaner I found a BRAND NEW QuadraJet 4 Bbl. with electric choke so I grabbed that too. They must have put it on right before trading the truck in. It was a shame to see that truck there because it was about 20 times nicer than mine.

When I got home I swapped out the tailgate, mirrors and window crank and replaced the turn signal flasher that decided to take a crap on the way to the boneyard. Tomorrow I'm adjusting the high idle, fixing a back up light, hopefully making the horn functional and installing a new license plate light. If my tuning doesn't make a noticable improvement in fuel economy then I may try some different primary jets and a two stage power valve in the 600 Holley on it now. If that doesn't help then the Q-Jet is going on but I rather save it for another project. Hopefully that's it for awhile.

Last edited by Rudebaker; 11-03-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:38 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

i figure out why my truck hasn't been sound like itself since last week. i was running on 7 cylinders lol. i forgot to put the wire back on sparkplug #2. there wasn't even a miss. now i have to get some new video footage because it sounds way different now than it did they other day.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your RAM Today?