1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

no left turn signal when marker lights on.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 04:48 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts
Default no left turn signal when marker lights on.

every time i turn my marker lights on the left turn signal light on the dash come on and when i try to use the left turn signal they will not work but the right ones will. when i turn the hazard lights on while the marker lights are on all except for the rear left marker light flash. the rear left light just stays on. when the marker lights are off everything works fine.

Old 11-11-2010, 05:14 PM
SEAL
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like the rear left wires/contacts/bulb are crossed or shorted together.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:16 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

that is what it seems like but they had all work before i fixed the bad ground wire on the marker light. the wires going to the marker light look stock and that no one has replaced the light socket. the only thing i have done was install a socket for the back-up light and replace the front 2 marker light sockets.

Old 11-11-2010, 08:05 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

SEAL, i think you were right. i think i had mixed up a few wire on the front left marker light that caused a problem with the rear left marker light. now the only problem i have is the rear left turn signal and brake light does not work and i tried replacing the bulb and it still does not work. i think i will have to take a look at tomorrow when i can actually see out. hopefully the carb swap will go smoother than this.

Old 11-12-2010, 12:44 PM
SEAL
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Light socket problems especially on the rear are quite common on our trucks. The spring that sits under the contact plate in the socket can corrode and freeze or even break. This does not allow proper pressure to give a good contact with the bulb.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:49 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

the problem with the light was a bad connection at the one of the plugs in the frame.

Quick Reply: no left turn signal when marker lights on.