1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

81 dodge ram van carb settings?(pic)

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 07:25 PM
comeonwork
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default found the hose!

yesssssssssss

Old 01-24-2011, 07:41 PM
comeonwork

maybe this will help hahaha....

Old 01-24-2011, 07:42 PM
comeonwork

more help...check this out!!!! now i know thats a lil blurry but my cam is dieing... anyways in picture it says connect to saucer which on this carb, ur looking at it, it has a rubber pz on end....
maybe it goes to the thing under it i was thinking tho, cause it looks like a gas line plug hoes(thinking of dirtbike carb)

Old 01-25-2011, 04:35 AM
ol'dodge4x4
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well the rear saucer gets engine vac. follow the line, it should go into the intake somewhere. (like in the path of the intake ports that go from carb to heads) or sometimes the vacuum line comes out of the carb itself. (like in back) they will be small rubber hoses for the "flyin saucers" The one saucer in the front is prolly jus a dampner, maybe to controll bacfire or associated with aircleaner. That van has a vac hoses goint to aircleaner. neither not too important for it to crank over. remember. 2 front screws in carb down low.( jus above manifold) need to be turned out bout 2/12 - 3 turns~. + rear saucer needs small vac line and work throttle manually while cranking to start up.dont worry bout idle speed for know, jus feather it with foot pedal if necessary. do fine adjustments later with book data.

Old 01-25-2011, 04:39 AM
ol'dodge4x4
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry for whacky words, it is late here in Nebraska, brain is 1/2 in sleep mode!!HAHA

Old 01-25-2011, 05:48 PM
comeonwork
Wink progress....

now after going out there and trying it and trying it adjusting the one screw it was almost starting...

--i was thinking maybe after me trying to start it 40 times(seriously) maybe the 9 bucks in gas i put in is gone?...

--gas is spraying out, it seems like its coming out of the screws by carb no joke(WHEN I START IT iv seen a HUGE spray come out top of carb(the flaps you know)shoot up if i had my face there id loose my damn eye)and carb gasket is leaky,(gasket area) so thats a worry ?..

--at times i was starting it(i think i made it worse starting so many times) cause something is wrong with that motor, normal sound it would make but no turn over, im worried its something inside motor now it would make like a WEEEEE WEEE WEEEE then no turn over....sorta worried me, i can get it to almost turn on now tho, motor shakes like it wants to start... now when i start it almost goes, but 1 outta 3 it wont even do anything so who knows what that could be

just no idea what to do next, as everytime i start it i think its making it worse could there be no gas in there now after starting it so many times? cause it seems like it wants to turn over now but eeks iunno....

Last edited by comeonwork; 01-25-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:05 AM
comeonwork
Default Update

Update:

put 20 in gas in

it was coming closer and closer to starting but never turned over.

hmm gas/liquid, sprays out like POOF top of carb, pretty nuts(when i try to start sometimes)

hmm did a oil change but only had enough to get it to add line.

ahh nothing to new

Old 01-29-2011, 06:07 AM
SEAL
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you set the timing correctly?

Old 01-31-2011, 03:00 AM
comeonwork

not to sure how i do that...can you help me out man?

i know something is off because its almost starting now seems like i got screws set to right spot, only thing is i dont think the flaps on carb are moving enough if at all, so i tried to do it with hand like someone else here said but it never worked for me cause obviously its something else now...

hmm but yeah almost turning over so im super close, havnt tried it for a while was almost ready to just have it towed away...i still got another week no matter what, i got a handicapped ladie who is interested in buying it, i told her iv give it to her for a couple hundred maybe less...

thanks for reply

Last edited by comeonwork; 01-31-2011 at 03:05 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:05 AM
comeonwork

but man the motor is shakin it wants to turn over...its something small i know it

Quick Reply: 81 dodge ram van carb settings?(pic)