1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Intermittent no spark issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 11:39 AM
Trialbyfire
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, fingers crossed.. I just put a new (Re-Manufactured) computer in the truck and when keyed up all warning lamps came on for a moment like normal and the truck started right up! I also purchased the CPS from the dealer but didn't install it yet. Been putting it off because it looks to be a bear of a job but will keep it in the glove-box just in case.

Question: Can anybody tell me if I need to have the ECU re-flashed in order to resolve the 'brake & anti-lock' lights coming on? Been reading where some folks take it to the dealer and have their vin programmed in. This is new info to me and would like to understand it better.

Last edited by Trialbyfire; 07-04-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:13 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i think the abs light staying on could possibly be a dealer only fix. hard to say with how old these trucks are. i know there is a abs control module behind the glove box that you could try unplugging.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Trialbyfire
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
i think the abs light staying on could possibly be a dealer only fix. hard to say with how old these trucks are. i know there is a abs control module behind the glove box that you could try unplugging.
Unplugging it took care of the 'abs' and 'brake' lamps - and noticed the 'brake' lamp still functions properly. Thanks again Crazzywolfie and everybody that responded to this thread. Hoping this one can go in to the dustbin of history and I can start working on the more 'fun' projects..

Quick Reply: Intermittent no spark issue