1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

transmission woes

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 03:31 AM
shakysnake1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SEAL

The throttle rod is adjusted with the carb at the lowest possible idle position and truck off. You must make sure the ISC (Idle Speed Control) is fully retracted. Loosen the swivel lock screw on the throttle rod at the trans so the rod slides freely. Have someone hold the throttle lever on the carb fully forward against its internal stop. If the throttle lever is touching the ISC plunger the ISC is not fully retracted. Tighten the swivel lock screw at the trans. Reconnect the ISC electrical connecter. Do not start the engine but put the key in the run position for 5 seconds. Turn the key off. You can now start the truck and test drive it.

philcoaz i'd do this first, but don't look for the ISC, your 84' wont have one

Old 10-27-2012, 07:29 AM
SEAL
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My last post was meant for the 89 from the OP. This is why it is important for people to start their own thread to prevent this type of confusion. I generally just go back to the OPs first post to remind me what year we are talking about. Sorry for the confusion. Everything is the same except for the ISC and the need to reset the ISC with the 5 second key thing.

Quick Reply: transmission woes