1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Donor Truck????

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 11:53 AM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

how comfortable are you with wiring? i think you may have to do a bit of wiring under the hood to make it work but essentially you will have everything you need if you buy a 92-95 donor truck with a magnum engine already in it.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:14 PM
MNfarmboy
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never been a fan of wiring, but as long as its not too complex i think i would be able to handle it. I think what i will do is keep the magnum and replace later if I need or decide I want it. A question for eric.b, how hard was mounting the master cylinder and running the hydro lines, if that is not to bad then i think im alright because Im guessing the pedal swap and master cylinder will be the hardest part. Thanks for all the help so far

Old 02-19-2013, 07:55 PM
ghonhee
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's quite a bit on ramcharger about the magnum swap.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:21 AM
MNfarmboy
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive decided that for the time being I'm not going to do the magnum swap, still trying to decide if i will keep the motor for later, i guess that I will decide that by determining how much money i want to recuperate. Anyone got any more tips for me?

Old 02-20-2013, 11:18 AM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

well if you take the engine, under the hood wiring harness/computer and transmission you still might get $500 for what is left. someone may need axles or something that is left is left and willing to pay $500 which is way cheaper than having axles rebuilt. if you decide not to do the magnum swap in the future you could probably sell the engine with the computer wiring harness for an easy $200.

Quick Reply: Donor Truck????