1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

81 w150 power ram "The Duke"

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 01:58 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 05-10-2013, 02:10 PM
Turner661
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
Before you replace your tires, do a nice one wheel peel for us.

dont you worry i will i just gotta be careful.. were i live. you get caught doing a burnout or anything like that is considered "stunting" and you will get your car impounded for a week the first time getting caught and gotta pay a ticket/towing fee/impound lot fee. and we hold the biggest car show in the summer time and everyone does burnouts like massive ones on the beach and ive seen some $100000 cars get towed away lol.. its sooo frggin stupid. but yea ill def do some before i put some new tires on i just wish i could quickly throw a locker in its imbarrasing doing a one wheel peel lol.. my dakota does 2 lol. the best burnout machine is my old Dakota R/T that thing u cant drive without spinning the tires lol

this is same set up minus headers as my w150 it sounds alot like this but way more deeper sounding
thats one of my old r/t's

Old 05-10-2013, 02:24 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Ha. I've seen your videos before. Nice little Dak you had there, good old 360. Needed a bigger air cleaner though.

There is a bunch of videos with an 01 Dak RT with a 383 with a 4 speed. Thing is insane.

And sorry about your city traffic laws. I do my peel outs behind a large store here, road to nowhere is in the back.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:59 PM
wontacceptthis
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There were two guys who painted their trucks with rustoleum and a roller, and I was one of them. I also have bedliner on the bottom third of my truck like you want too. I forget the other guy's name, but if anybody else can chime in, he was a member with an early 80s d350 that he painted from white to black.

Anyway, here is the thread from the first and second time I painted my truck. https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...ggestions.html

Learn from my mistakes. If you don't know what you are doing, a roller is way easier. You'll still need spray cans for certain areas like between the bed and cab. No splotches, no runs, no splatter when the gun jams. My purple paint job was an alykd enamel for the purple, and the black was rustoleum. The black was still perfect two years later, and the purple looked like dookie, and wouldn't take to wax or shine up at all even at first. It was all sprayed on the first time, and I ended up getting a fair amount of orange peel and runs.

The three best things about having a rustoleum and bedliner paintjob:

1. You can touch everything up with $5 spray cans from any place that carries paint.
2. You can add another layer of bedliner any time you want to make it stronger and it will blend in.
3. If your truck gets egged a week after you paint it, you giggle like a school girl and are ecstatic that you didn't spend $1500 on paint. Then you take 15 minutes, and fix it.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:51 AM
Mr.Clean27320
Rookie

I am going to use Rust-Oleum to paint my Rat (rod) truck but, I am going to spray it on with a paintgun. I have a link to Hot Rod where they did it and it looks good. They used flat black but, I am sure you can do it with any other color that they have with out any problems. Here is the link. http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/b...flat_painting/

Old 05-11-2013, 12:15 PM
Turner661
Professional

wow that looks good. what is a good color for a dodge anyone got any unique colors they would want to paint theres if they could? i was thinking orange (the original color my truck was) hense why i call it the duke paint is peeling off and its orange underneith its secretly a general lee lol.. but i was thinking orange, silver and black, or just flat black.. maybe even keep it the colors it already is.. green and white isnt a bad combo specially were i live black vehicles get way to hot

Old 05-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Mr.Clean27320
Rookie

Maybe Smoke Gray? Do you want a gloss or a flat color? You could do a gloss smoke gray with a satin black strip at the back like you had talked about. I think that would look real good but, that is just my opion. Orange is good to. I have a 77 w150 crewcad that is orange. Do orange with a satin black strip would look really good too. It is just what ever you want cause it is yours and you have to live with it. I do like the strip idea you had. I might have to do that to one of mine. I might do satin black on the truck with a flat white strip on my Rat truck.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:57 AM
Turner661
Professional

going threw youtube found this old power wagon. he has a 400 and i want mine to look and sound like that and what size lift and tires you think that combo is?

Old 05-12-2013, 12:52 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Hmmmm, that Power Wagon is tasty.

Likely a 4 in lift. He's got a nice cam is that 400 too... I can get mine to sound like that, but only when it's 35 outside.

Old 05-12-2013, 01:00 PM
Turner661
Professional

nvm found another of his video. he just didnt say how much lift he has
anyone help me find those parts or simular parts that he names on summit or something?

Quick Reply: 81 w150 power ram "The Duke"