1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

fuel delivery issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 08:19 PM
grantshultz1994
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so ive been thinking... do you have the original tank on your truck? has it ever been dropped? or cleaned? your sock on the sending unit might be getting clogged with rust and or dirt from gas and inside tank over the years and its finally deciding to act up

Old 04-10-2014, 09:35 PM
Mad Mudder
Professional

Originally Posted by grantshultz1994
so ive been thinking... do you have the original tank on your truck? has it ever been dropped? or cleaned? your sock on the sending unit might be getting clogged with rust and or dirt from gas and inside tank over the years and its finally deciding to act up
That will be one of the next steps I will do.

Old 04-11-2014, 07:28 AM
tarheelboy
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that really sucks dude I thought we had it!
Me too.

Old 04-11-2014, 07:32 AM
tarheelboy
Rookie

Not sure if it is the original tank or not. It's plastic and the strap grooves line up with the hangers so I assume it is original.

I checked all voltages to the different sensors yesterday and they are all good except the TPS. The reference voltage is good but the signal voltage is not. So maybe I got a bad sensor. I sent it back so now I just have to wait til the new one comes.

Old 04-11-2014, 07:45 AM
Mad Mudder
Professional

Those tps can be a pain.

Old 04-13-2014, 07:53 PM
tarheelboy
Rookie

I got a replacement TPS and out it in yesterday. Truck ran like a champ so it appears all is well. Thanks to everybody who helped me out. Now on to the next project...a leaking tranny. Wish me luck. I am sure you will be hearing from me often.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:43 PM
glenmoudy
Default thanks for your help

You guys that helped are the best. It took the part long enough to get here but its up and running .thanks again with out you I would be bald from pulling my hair out .

Quick Reply: fuel delivery issue