1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Where to buy cab mount brackets?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 04:18 PM
Cutter Comp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy cab mount brackets?

To pass inspection, my '87 W250 needs cab mounts. I will buy the Energy Suspension poly kit to replace the rubber mount bushings.

However, I want to know where to buy the metal brackets that rivet to the frame rails.

Also, not that I can't figure it out as I go, but does a DIY exist for this job? I searched but didn't find anything.

Thanks.

Old 06-06-2017, 07:49 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

You may have to source them from a junkyard..... I don't recall if they are welded, or riveted on.... You can just put the new ones on with bolts....

Welcome to DF!

Old 06-06-2017, 10:51 PM
Cutter Comp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks.

Also have a second question, now that I'm doing more research. Inspection shop says the truck needs new ball joints. Looking around the internet, I gather the truck has a Dana 60 front setup, but everything I read says the truck should have the kingpin version, not the ball joint version.

Well I looked under the truck and sure enough, it has ball joints. What gives? Was this axle swapped in at some point? How do I know which ball joints to order?

Old 06-07-2017, 12:05 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

Look for the BOM number on one of the axle tubes. That'll tell ya everything you need to know about the axle, to get the correct parts.