1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Difference in 318 blocks

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 08:10 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,391 Likes on 3,131 Posts

Heads are the same between the 360 and 318...... The edlebrock heads are probably available with whatever size valves you want. Although, instead of the Eddies, I would be tempted to with the EQ monster magnums, with 2.02 valves.

Old 12-15-2017, 08:59 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by rebeltaz83
Think I'll keep to the Magnum swap, 360. Direct bolt in pretty much. Cam, headers, trans. Motor mounts, be nice to go to a serpentine belt. AC eliminator bracket and pulley. No air on this rig, well not anymore anyways. I'll go with electric fan. May have to wait till tax time, get a little extra cash go with the self learning tbi system. And it'll help if I sell off parts I don't need as I go. Heads and tbi setup are gonna be the big spenders. Do the edelbrock aluminum heads come with bigger than stock valves?? I want it to breath. Was my whole reason for rebuilding my 318, was 360 valves and reusing what I had. But now that I need an engine, might as well go with a 360, and a Magnum swap. Guess it won't be a Magnum without the Magnum heads lol. Time to crunch some numbers and get a rough estimate on parts.
the fitech TBI setup has built in electric fan controller. even if you were to stick with stock head on a 360 magnum they still breath better than a 318la or 360la heads. it is probably a good thing you want to go without the a/c because i think there is only like 1 carbed magnum intake that you can even run a/c with.

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Heads are the same between the 360 and 318...... The edlebrock heads are probably available with whatever size valves you want. Although, instead of the Eddies, I would be tempted to with the EQ monster magnums, with 2.02 valves.
on the magnum engines yes there is no difference between the heads but on the LA engines there is a lot of small differences. the 360la heads always breath better than stock 318 heads but the 360la heads have larger combustion chamber so they generally lower the compression ratio of a 318 unless they are machined.

Quick Reply: Difference in 318 blocks