1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

78 dodge d150 318 auto engine rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2017, 05:02 PM
Sniper X
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
you must be joking about running that stuff right? i think i would sooner fill my engine full of diesel and let it sit instead of running that stuff. .i doubt they even sell that in callifornia. it says right on the walmart page California Proposition 65 Warning: California Proposition 65: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer. California Proposition 65: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
it's not jive, it works. i used it after failing here in new mexico twice then passed after using if for a week in the tank and passed with a lot of room to spare...it is a super concentrated fuel system cleaner and basically cleans the tbi or injectors and fuel system so it'll pass. that is if he is talking about g2p..guaranteed to pass. and yeah, as far as california is concerned everything causes cancer even the sun....they would charge a tax on going outside if they could get away with it. i know, i lived there for 16 years.

Old 12-25-2017, 11:13 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i still don't think i would trust the stuff. i generally just maintain my engines by just using good oil and stuff in it. run shell rotella 15w40 oil in my 81. last time i did a compression check on it it was a solid 170psi across all cylinders with only about 10-20psi increase with wet test which is higher than the last test which had them all sitting about 150-160. i like to blame the oil and all the cleaning chemicals in it for bringing my compression up to where it is. if the oil is good enough to keep a diesel engine clean it is good enough for my 318. it is not like the oil is really any more expensive than normal oil if you catch it on sale.

Quick Reply: 78 dodge d150 318 auto engine rebuild