1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Manifold/Header/Exhaust/Flange

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2018, 05:03 PM
DOGE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manifold/Header/Exhaust/Flange

I own a 1988 Dodge LE150. I noticed my header flange is about to pop off..They simply rusted to this point. Its a 318 tbi. Was wondering if I should get headers or replace the flange somehow? Not sure how. maybe cut down pipe and put a new flange on. Not sure the easiest route. I have to replace a freeze plug as well on that side. I dont know...I like the idea of long tube headers but not sure about blocking EGR stuff. Lets chat.

Old 10-07-2018, 05:05 PM
DOGE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manifold/Header/Exhaust/Flange

Manifold/Header/Exhaust/FlangeI own a 1988 Dodge LE150. I noticed my header flange is about to pop off..They simply rusted to this point. Its a 318 tbi. Was wondering if I should get headers or replace the flange somehow? Not sure how. maybe cut down pipe and put a new flange on. Not sure the easiest route. I have to replace a freeze plug as well on that side. I dont know...I like the idea of long tube headers but not sure about blocking EGR stuff. Lets chat.

Old 10-07-2018, 06:22 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

you can buy new bolt on flanges for under $10. i have done many. it is usually more of a pain to cut the old bolts while under the truck than anything else.

Old 10-08-2018, 08:53 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Merged threads to the correct section.

Quick Reply: Manifold/Header/Exhaust/Flange