1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

'73 W200 wiring help

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2019, 12:54 AM
82ndVet
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wanted to give an update. After writing down what every wire from the instrument cluster was for, I started checking the fuse block and headlight switch wiring. I wasn't getting any power to the instrument fuse, but all the other fuses had power with either the ignition on or off. So I started checking the power at the headlight switch. Only 2 wires at the switch had power with the ignition off, the black wire and dark green wire. With the ignition on the yellow wire and black wire had power but not the green wire. However after inserting the shaft and **** back into the headlight switch I got power to the tan wire that feeds to the instrument fuse and low and behold I had dash lights again. Not really sure what I did other than push the headlight switch **** back into the headlight switch. Wouldn't think that could be the cause for no dash light but they work now. I still need to do the wire update for the Amp meter and install a voltmeter, then sort out a few other wiring issues. Just wanted to give an update and thank you all for the help, so thanks.

Quick Reply: '73 W200 wiring help