1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

350 Power Ram Restore/Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 07:39 PM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

Anyone know of a good intake manifold for the 360 magnum? edelbrock?
If your are keeping the stock heads then...
https://www.scramspeed.com/carburetors-intakes/

If you plan on upgrading the heads you can get EQ heads with either the LA or Magnum bolt pattern. You then can use any LA intake you want.

Old 06-06-2019, 08:06 AM
RedRam100
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used an Assault racing intake and a Brawler carburetor. The intake causes challenges like the Air Compressor interfering with the thermostat housing. I am NOT a good mechanic. I am currently doing this same exact swap. I am sure many things I do are not best practices but the truck runs good and drives good. Here is what I did. Magnumswap.com was helpful. Go to Holley.com look at the carburetors. The cheaper Brawler is the same as a very expensive QFT it is just made with cheaper materials. I am impressed by a car guy that works on them overseas. Parts are hard to find for you but you keep going. That is awesome!

1. Assault Racing intake
2. Holley.com for the carburetor
3. MSD for ignition
4. Rockauto.com for a flex plate that was neutral balanced.

Old 06-07-2019, 02:07 PM
gongo999

Ordered carburetor and intake from the US.
I was thinking the original ignition was good enaugh, should i go for MSD ?

Also, the 727 i got lacks the mechanism to lock it in Park, might be best jus to buy the whole middle part of the gearbox?

Old 06-07-2019, 02:35 PM
gongo999

Originally Posted by RedRam100
"I am impressed by a car guy that works on them overseas. Parts are hard to find for you but you keep going. That is awesome!"
I actually found a few Mopar guys in my town when i started looking for all the parts, made it easier.
But when working on something like this, i wish i was living in another county

Old 06-08-2019, 12:57 PM
RedRam100

Absolutely true, I put msd on this truck because it was flooded by rainwater following a Hurricane. That left all of the electrics on the truck damaged. If you have access to Mopar parts thru your friends it may make sense to go back with original components. My son works for an aftermarket automotive company. He got these parts cheaper than I could buy stock replacements.

Old 06-08-2019, 09:35 PM
rebeltaz83
Veteran
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Mopar electronic ignition is one of the best for the old school carb engines.

Old 08-22-2019, 03:34 PM
gongo999

Hi again, the project goes forward, and the engine/gear is in place. Most of the body is ready for painting. Had to weld around the doorhandles and fabricate New mounts for the bed.

A few Quick questions, hope to get some help.

From the 727 gearbox. i Will Mount an Oil cooler. Will try to buy these parts locally. Anyone know what size the threads are for hosefitting in the gearbox?
Had alot of different plumbing parts, But none of them Had the right threads...

The 727 is Also missing parts for P-gear. Is it possible to find blueprint of the gearbox, so i can see whats missing? Then maybe i can order with partsnumbers.

Also desided to order an universal wireharness for the truck, found a few on ebay with fuse box. Have Any of you tested this solution? Pro/cons over fixing the original harness? Seems to be alot of work with much of the original wires missing.

Missing a fueltank, might Just go for homemade. But if i am Lucky, some of you May have one for sale?

Old 08-22-2019, 09:36 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

have you checked in the air tools section of the hardware or auto parts store? pretty sure it should have pretty standard thread type. i think it is 3/8" or 1/2" nptm but never needed to swap one out.

what do you mean by p gear? would it be the park pawl? there is some video's on youtube of how to rebuilt a 727. i don't know if they would help you identify the part you think is missing or not but they are pretty thorough.

the biggest issue with most universal harness's is that most don't usually have dodge connectors so you have to figure out how to wire things and make they work on your own so as long as you are good with wiring it could be made to work but if you are that good you could probably also fix up what is there. wiring under the hood is usually pretty simple. i have done lots of custom wiring under the hood on my truck. a mix of old/new. a lot more relays/ fuses than it came with from the factory but done right enough to make the truck more reliable

fuel tanks can be real hit and miss finding good ones. a lot of auto recyclers punch holes in them to get fuel out. a home made fuel tank wouldn't be too bad if you can. i was wanting to mount a fuel tankbehind the axle on my truck but never ended up getting around to it even tho i did pick up a factory duel tank setup from a dodge.

Old 08-23-2019, 03:42 AM
gongo999

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
have you checked in the air tools section of the hardware or auto parts store? pretty sure it should have pretty standard thread type. i think it is 3/8" or 1/2" nptm but never needed to swap one out.

what do you mean by p gear? would it be the park pawl? there is some video's on youtube of how to rebuilt a 727. i don't know if they would help you identify the part you think is missing or not but they are pretty thorough.
Will try the shop again, most of the connections i have laying around is with metric threads, that might offcourse be a problem..

By p-gear, i meen park. I had it open, and all the parts are missing inside the middle housing between gear and transfer. The only thing inside is the Rod to push the mechanism in park, nothing Else. Just the axle going through.
Maybe the easiest way is to order the housing in one piece.

Used parts are almost impossible to find here, there is only 1 complete car for sale in the whole country at the moment.. Got to love ebay.

Quick Reply: 350 Power Ram Restore/Rebuild