1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ramcharger Body

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2020, 10:03 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

you got that off Jordan didn't you? looked pretty decent in the pics Jordan use to post but it might have been worse. i don't think he did any body work but looks like he was pretty good at it. that is a nice looking truck

Old 03-23-2020, 07:30 AM
jacob
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn that's gotta be it... I bought it off a young lad down near Sarnia. I think he dragged it up from Windsor or somewhere along Lake Erie. The kid never got to drive it because the previous owner blew the main bearings right before selling it.
Someone definitely knew how to do body work..looked like professional paint to me. . Patches across top of winshield all the way across, both floors patched, both rockers replaced, one wheel arch patched, the other rotten, both rear quarters and one c pillar patched... lot's of time spent though. If they hadnt overlapped all of the steel then I think it would have lasted much better.

I took your advice, put up a wanted ad... I had a local guy text me within 2 hours saying he had a body or a rolling chassis... going to have a look next weekend. Thanks for the recommendation.

Old 03-23-2020, 07:39 AM
jacob
Professional

Originally Posted by HeyYou
So tell me, do you let him drive? He looks to be a year or two younger than my son was when I taught him. And yes, it was on a manual trans truck.
He was only 3 when I took that pic... but now he is turning 5 this summer, and he gets to steer... feet are still a long way away from the pedals!

Old 03-23-2020, 07:41 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,212 Likes on 2,963 Posts

Originally Posted by jacob
He was only 3 when I took that pic... but now he is turning 5 this summer, and he gets to steer... feet are still a long way away from the pedals!
My son was 7, but, he was a BIG kid (6' 5" now.....) and it was a little truck, so, no problem reaching the pedals. The big grin on his face while he was driving it around was well worth it.

Old 03-23-2020, 07:43 AM
jacob
Professional

I know the feeling... I remember when I was 7!

Old 03-23-2020, 10:10 AM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

maybe it was him but i think he is more towards essex. he had posted video if it running and it sounded pretty healthy but you never know. it did looked like he was getting ready to start fixing things but then he changed his mind and sold it. seems like he has been changing his mind a lot since he traded his last ramcharger which was pretty nice.

that is good to hear. am pretty sure there is a lot in that area and over near Oshawa and north east of newmarket. most people just don't think of them sometimes unless you get people asking. lots of people know where they are hiding. i made a comment on a facebook post once and had someone messaging me saying he knew where a few 70's one where since that is what i wanted but finding a decent one of those is hard to nearly impossible to find

Old 03-23-2020, 10:22 AM
jacob
Professional

Makes sense then... Essex is smack between Windsor and Lake Erie...
Will let you know how next weekend works out...

Old 03-25-2020, 02:48 PM
Brown Bag
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to hijack the thread...but related. Saw this one for sale about a year ago in Georgia. Ask price was $4200. 2WD 318 auto. 170k miles I think. Body was in VG condition. I regret not buying it.

Old 03-25-2020, 05:34 PM
jacob
Professional

Originally Posted by Brown Bag
Not to hijack the thread...but related. Saw this one for sale about a year ago in Georgia. Ask price was $4200. 2WD 318 auto. 170k miles I think. Body was in VG condition. I regret not buying it.
The one that got away!!! I have had a few of those!

Old 04-08-2020, 07:01 AM
jacob
Professional

Hey all, update: I brought home a new RC last weekend. This one is still pretty rough, but no rust over the windshield, and the body mounts are all there. I already installed one new rocker, and rear wheel arches, and patching in some new lower quarters and inner fender sections. It sounds worse than it is... or maybe I am used to fixing junk.
Anyways, was curious what people's thoughts were on the rear inner fender.
AS I previously mentioned, the truck rear quarter is wide open, where as the RC is boxed in. Once anything gets past the wheel wells, then it just fills up the fender until it rots out. Major design flaw. Since I am adding new steel anyways, I was thinking about leaving 4 inches of space on the inner fender wall so that everything could flow out, and I could get a hose up inside, or the oil sprayer for undercoating. There are just too many cracks and little holes on this thing to assume the quarter will keep stuff out.
I think I can do a nice job on this one, ultimately I would still like to find a southern body for my future truck.
Thanks guys.

Quick Reply: Ramcharger Body