1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Steering package

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2021, 06:01 PM
BM9NBA2
Professional
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Steering package

Hey guys is there any company that offers a full front end/steering package for the 1st gen Cummins? Like an all in one instead of buying everything separately/individually. Figured would probably save a good amount of money that way.

Old 01-13-2021, 07:31 PM
Polye86_RoyalSE
Rookie
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Not sure if there’s any place that sells stock stuff as a package. But I’m sure there are aftermarket kits.

Rock auto should be a good go to, everything I’ve ever ordered there has shipped quick and came at once 🤷🏻‍♂️.

My front end rebuild list is about $600-$650 with stock spec parts. My look into it?

Old 01-13-2021, 07:40 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i don't think there is any kits because it really depends on how far someone wants to take things? you can spend $1000's rebuilding the front end depending on how far you want to go and what brand parts you want. what makes you think you need a complete front end or steering rebuild? also have you checked your steering coupler? most of the time that is where most of the slop is found on these if you have slop in the steering. you can now get a knock off borgeson for pretty cheap that does the same job. not sure how they hold up in the long run but they are way cheaper than borgeson. i would say as long as the moving parts got grease fittings that have been maintained you would likely only need a bushing kit to replace all the old and dry rotted bushings.

Old 01-13-2021, 08:09 PM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 352 Likes on 331 Posts

Not to mention like Moog has two of the same ball joints but with different boots with two different part #'s. Nothing wrong with picking and choosing what brands you want.

Quick Reply: Steering package