1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Distributor condenser

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2021, 07:34 PM
Wyatt1313
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Distributor condenser

Got an 85 d150 the distributor or ignition condenser is broken and can't find one online anywhere, does anyone know where to get one or if I could use one that was not necessarily designed for this model but will work?

Old 12-04-2021, 09:34 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 388 Likes on 365 Posts

Question is why are you still using a points distributor? Come out of the archaic days and upgrade to electronic ignition. Somebody probably put a distributor from the 60's/early 70's in it.They probably got rid of the lean burn system. If you still want to keep the points set up you need to find out what year the distributor is. You probably have something like
this this
. Upgrade to electronic ignition would be the better choice.

Old 12-04-2021, 01:31 PM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 593 Likes on 538 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyatt1313
Got an 85 d150 the distributor or ignition condenser is broken and can't find one online anywhere, does anyone know where to get one or if I could use one that was not necessarily designed for this model but will work?

Unless someone swapped an old points distributor in, you don't have a condenser. I'm thinking your electronic ignition hall effect has failed. Rather than replace those, I usually will put a rebuilt distributor in it.

Quick Reply: Distributor condenser