1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

88 with 93 30 gal sputter problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2021, 09:38 AM
Maki
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
it shouldn't matter which way the sending unit sits as long as you can hook everything up and the float arm has room to go up and down without hitting anythings. also sounds like you may have ordered the wrong sending unit if you need one with return line and it didn't have one. it should still do the job. i am cheap and just usually replace the pump/pickup screen. i don't replace the whole assembly unless the sending unit is acting up.
Wrong pump for my truck but not for the gas tank so I had to improvise to make it work. Also, I didn’t see any way to adjust the float or the pump in the tank. Did flip it so guess I’ll see next time I take the truck out

Old 12-20-2021, 02:10 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

there is 4 screws. you loosen them and can slide the pump down. you want the fuel pickup touching the bottom of the tank.

Quick Reply: 88 with 93 30 gal sputter problems