1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dodge lil' red truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2022, 09:41 AM
etiengineer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge lil' red truck

I don't know if this is the right forum, but I have tabs on a Dodge Lil' Red Truck. It has 258,000 miles on it but is in good shape. It is the 360. I don't know if they had any other engines in this truck, as I am new to Dodges. I own a Dakota. I am looking for a new project, having just finished restoring a 1962 ****** Jeep (which I sold for 5 times what I had into it and a 1988 Fiero. My question is, what would be a fair price for this truck? The owner got COVID and just barely got out of the hospital after being close to death, so I am waiting until he is healthy again before I hit him up to give me a price. Thanks in advance...

Old 01-23-2022, 11:49 AM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 581 Likes on 526 Posts

Originally Posted by etiengineer
I don't know if this is the right forum, but I have tabs on a Dodge Lil' Red Truck. It has 258,000 miles on it but is in good shape. It is the 360. I don't know if they had any other engines in this truck, as I am new to Dodges. I own a Dakota. I am looking for a new project, having just finished restoring a 1962 ****** Jeep (which I sold for 5 times what I had into it and a 1988 Fiero. My question is, what would be a fair price for this truck? The owner got COVID and just barely got out of the hospital after being close to death, so I am waiting until he is healthy again before I hit him up to give me a price. Thanks in advance...

Mods, I'd suggest moving this to the 1st Gen forum.

The Little Red Wagon only had the 360 engine. Back when it was new, there was a magazine, I think it was Motor Trend, that did an article "Double the double nickle" where they took then current vehicles to see if they could do 110 miles an hour. Most were cars but the Dodge truck did it too with the mirrors folded flat.

As to what it's worth, that is so dependent on condition and if everything is there. It looked mostly like a paint package but it had some unique stuff too. Does it run, does it have much rust and other things are what you have to look at. Your location is important too. Where are you located? Got any pictures?

Old 01-23-2022, 12:03 PM
Magnoom
Record Breaker
Received 221 Likes on 201 Posts

Depends on the year too. 1978 is the desirable year of the two years; 1979 they closed the emissions loophole, stopped putting in the old school Tuff wheel and other changes.

Old 01-23-2022, 04:49 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by Magnoom
Depends on the year too. 1978 is the desirable year of the two years; 1979 they closed the emissions loophole, stopped putting in the old school Tuff wheel and other changes.
moved.

Old 01-23-2022, 09:27 PM
etiengineer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ol' grouch
Mods, I'd suggest moving this to the 1st Gen forum.

The Little Red Wagon only had the 360 engine. Back when it was new, there was a magazine, I think it was Motor Trend, that did an article "Double the double nickle" where they took then current vehicles to see if they could do 110 miles an hour. Most were cars but the Dodge truck did it too with the mirrors folded flat.

As to what it's worth, that is so dependent on condition and if everything is there. It looked mostly like a paint package but it had some unique stuff too. Does it run, does it have much rust and other things are what you have to look at. Your location is important too. Where are you located? Got any pictures?
Ol'Grouch,,,

Sorry about putting this in the wrong place. I am not familiar with the Dodge hierarchy, so it will take me a while to get accustomed to it. I have been in two other forums and they concerned vehicles with which I am familiar. Up until I bought the 2001 Dakota, I had only owned one Dodge and it was a piece of crap. A front-wheel drive with the 2.2 liter engine in it. It was my wife's car. I didn't care for it at all, but she loved it, possibly because she wasn't the one who had to work on it.(LOL).

Anyhow, I don't know much about the truck. I worked with the guy's wife, before I retired. She was one of our admins. When I checked out of the office for the last time a couple of weeks ago, I was told by another admin that her hubby wanted to sell the truck. So, I am not familiar with it except for the fact that it is reportedly in good condition, but has around 258,000 miles on it. It still has the stacks, etc., and it is a CA truck, so it has not been exposed to weather that would contribute to rusting, unlike vehicles back East. I lived there for 21 years. I know the issues.

Thanks for the comeback. I promise to try and learn the Dodge hierarchy. In the meantime, thanks for steering me in the right direction.

Have a good evening...

Old 01-23-2022, 11:54 PM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 581 Likes on 526 Posts

Originally Posted by etiengineer
Ol'Grouch,,,

Sorry about putting this in the wrong place. I am not familiar with the Dodge hierarchy, so it will take me a while to get accustomed to it. I have been in two other forums and they concerned vehicles with which I am familiar. Up until I bought the 2001 Dakota, I had only owned one Dodge and it was a piece of crap. A front-wheel drive with the 2.2 liter engine in it. It was my wife's car. I didn't care for it at all, but she loved it, possibly because she wasn't the one who had to work on it.(LOL).

Anyhow, I don't know much about the truck. I worked with the guy's wife, before I retired. She was one of our admins. When I checked out of the office for the last time a couple of weeks ago, I was told by another admin that her hubby wanted to sell the truck. So, I am not familiar with it except for the fact that it is reportedly in good condition, but has around 258,000 miles on it. It still has the stacks, etc., and it is a CA truck, so it has not been exposed to weather that would contribute to rusting, unlike vehicles back East. I lived there for 21 years. I know the issues.

Thanks for the comeback. I promise to try and learn the Dodge hierarchy. In the meantime, thanks for steering me in the right direction.

Have a good evening...

Don't worry about it. I'm at the age I don't care about little things any more. Last summer I was at a pool and had to..um..go. I figured I'd just go in the pool. The lifeguard yelled at me so loud I nearly fell it.

The truck you're looking at is actually a Little Red Express Wagon package. I personally would hesitate to tell you a price as it's sort of a specialty truck. The California emissions are a pain but if you don't have inspections where you live, some of those parts might not go back on if they come off for engine work. Since the owner is wanting to sell, ask him what he'd like to get for it. That would be the first step/ Then get some pictures (some of us don't like big words, like THE or AND) so we can all drool......er.....give you reasoned advice.

Quick Reply: Dodge lil' red truck