1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1990 4WD CAD vacuum lines diagram?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2023, 12:26 AM
lillyahoo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 4WD CAD vacuum lines diagram?

I'm sure this answer is in the forum somewhere, but I can't get the Search function to use all the words to pull it up.

My elderly neighbor passed away and left a 1st gen (1990) Dodge Ram W250. Everything works (and no rust!) except those cussed vacuum lines that run the CAD system are unhooked in the engine compartment. I'm looking for a diagram to get them hooked up again - there's a 4-way splitter with one hose looped around to cover 2 ports, 2 ports are open and nothing seems to run to any vacuum source...

Oh, and if anyone in Oregon would like this truck, it also needs a new owner.

Old 03-30-2023, 09:26 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,274 Likes on 3,021 Posts

If it's anything like the 2nd gen system, there are two lines that run up into the engine compartment. One line is vacuum source, the other is a vent, and doesn't connect to anything. Two lines run to the cad on the axle, and hook to the actuator. The switch on the t-case directs vacuum to one side or the other, depending on if you want the front axle locked or not. On the 2nd gens, source was white, vent was green, and red and black went to the actuator.... Don't know if the 1st gen will be the same.

Quick Reply: 1990 4WD CAD vacuum lines diagram?