2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

MyGIG Mods / Hacks?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 06:24 PM
mcinil
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MyGIG Mods / Hacks?

Didn't work on mine. 08 RT with nav. I did do the mod posted earlier for the update and maybe that has something to do with it also. oh well.
MC.

Old 01-26-2008, 06:28 PM
futil
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same here.. I think they fixed that bug with the newer firmware.

Old 02-01-2008, 02:42 PM
HILLSEY

i see you guys are talking about 20/ 30 gig hard drives... mine has 50?

Old 02-03-2008, 10:18 PM
futil
Veteran

Harman Becker is supposed to be sending me a replacement radio, So that meansI can screw with my current radio all I want when the new one arrives.. So I will try out different methods of adding larger hard drives and let you guys/girls know the results. If I can get a larger one running I will post instructions for you all.. I don't have a firmware CD, and don't know if the software update will format a new drive or if i will have to try ghosting it.. I'll probably try putting in a new drive and running the software update and see what happens first.. then move over to ghost afterwards if that doesn't work.. If I ghost it and it works I will just post the entire ghost image for you all or whatever duplicating software i use..

If it works then you can say.. "i see you guys are talking about 20/ 30 gig hard drives... mine has 200GB"

Old 02-17-2008, 07:14 AM
aenimon

futil...now that's what I'm talking about! I'm sure I won't bethe only one who will be excited to hear about your progress. Best of luck.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:36 PM
nightshade72

ORIGINAL: futil

Harman Becker is supposed to be sending me a replacement radio, So that meansI can screw with my current radio all I want when the new one arrives.. So I will try out different methods of adding larger hard drives and let you guys/girls know the results. If I can get a larger one running I will post instructions for you all.. I don't have a firmware CD, and don't know if the software update will format a new drive or if i will have to try ghosting it.. I'll probably try putting in a new drive and running the software update and see what happens first.. then move over to ghost afterwards if that doesn't work.. If I ghost it and it works I will just post the entire ghost image for you all or whatever duplicating software i use..

If it works then you can say.. "i see you guys are talking about 20/ 30 gig hard drives... mine has 200GB"
They are using Seagate EE25 series drives in the MyGIG.. I would not recommend using a standard laptop drive unless you don't care if the drive dies on you. I suspect that they are running a type of linux/bsd system. You may be able to image the drive and then extend the volume somehow.

Seagate EE25 drives go up to 40Gb. These are the extreme temp, high vibration tollerant drives...

I would be more interested in getting the USB port active for accessing MP3 files on that. I have a 32Gb dual channel USB memory stick. Would be really nice to just stick that in and be able to play tunes directly from it rather than having to upload them to the receiver...

I pick up my RT AWD on Thursday. I imagine I will get the lockpick for it sometime in the weeks following. Maybe someone will have enough time to mess around and see if they can get it working with larger drives.. There are other vendors besides seagate making temp tollerant drives.. maybe they have bigger ones.

edit: seems that the EE25.2 series go up to 80Gb.. but the drives are quite expensive..

Old 02-19-2008, 09:16 PM
futil
Veteran

For any of you that get your CD stuck in the radio and for anyone that would like to totally screw their radio up by pressing the wrong button..

You can access the Engineering Menu of the MyGIG by pressing the 3 Hard Keys: SEEK UP - SEEK DOWN -MENU all at the same time. Which will allow you to test your hard drive, restore the system to factory defaults, reinstall corrupt software, Screw up your MyGIG permanently, etc..

Old 02-25-2008, 04:59 PM
ohman

"Screw up your MyGIG permanently, etc.. "

That should probably include recalibrating your Touch Screen to where the most important bottons are now inaccessible via the screen, (i.e. Restore To Factory Defaults) lol

(I can neither confirm nor deny that has actually occured )

Old 02-28-2008, 11:12 PM
futil
Veteran

lol that was one of the first screens I played with.. But I was careful to calibrate them in order and correctly before moving on to the next window.. Did you really screw it up and did restoring the system fix it? (Would imagine it would fix it) if you restored to factory defaults, was any music or contacts missing afterwards?

Old 03-08-2008, 02:02 AM
aenimon

Three Questions:
1) I was curious if the DVD player plays burned DVD movies on either DVD+R, DVD-R, both, or neither.
2) Does it support playlists...if so, can you construct playlists on the fly?
2) Also, the impression I've gotten about the MP3 player is that it allows you to select an artist, but then just gives you a laundry list of songs with no option to have it show albums, and then songs in successive menu's. Is there any word of a potential change to this in an update, since this is a pretty MP3 player basic inclusion?

Thanks guys!

Quick Reply: MyGIG Mods / Hacks?