2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

MyGIG Mods / Hacks?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 11:29 PM
albertaavenger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i cloned the drive with a cloning program bought a laptop hard drive and two external drive enclosures and simply cloned the drive onto the 120gb hard drive now this is where it gets complicating if you jsut straight clone the drive the partitions will remain the same ie your 120gb hard drive will still have the same available amount of space so to get around this i used my mandriva linux installation disk to resize the partitions on the 120gb hard drive if you dont have very good knowledge of operating system instalations such as mandriva linuz then i dont suggest you even try you will screw up your hard drives .

just a note i bought a non navi mygig and there is another 10 gb available on the hard drive that is jsut void space not partitioned so if you know how to use the linux installation you can also increase the original hard drive another 10 gb which is wat i did in the first place and then decided to see if i could do it on a larger drive and it worked >

and yes i do have a **** load of tunes 25gb+ of just electronica and then at least 30+ gb of other genres :P :P

Old 09-04-2008, 02:07 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

getting the mygig to play dvds while i drive is high on my todo list.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:41 AM
johnsimmons
Default 2008 Dodge Avenger

Hi everybody.....Thanks for your nice post about Dodge cars.....I like very much these type of magazines and information.........
================================================== =======
simmons
Used Cars

Old 09-16-2008, 12:06 AM
Nosliw
Default mygig is a pain in the a##

I don't turn on the radio often when I drive . Sometimes I may be in the car 5 or 6 times and never turn the radio on . This leads up to my complaint .
Every time I turn the ignition key on , the mygig radio hard drive starts and runs until I shut the car off . This is stupid Or just dam cheap . Why can't they put a better off / on switch on the system. So you can actually have it off--turn it to stanby --then on . thus saving hours of wear and tear
on the radio computer system.
( DUH ) a three position switch " so expensive !!!!!"

Tell me what wires to separate to install an off /on switch.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:27 AM
albertaavenger

btw thats the fan you hear kickin on not the hard drive ever pull out ur mygig ? theres a fan on the heat sink and if you cut wires youl screw up your cars electronics there very sensitive my heat/cooled cup hodler was shorting and screwed my door locks up and i lost cruise control and my remote is capable of opening the trunk and locking doors whilst driving wich is a no no acording to dodge technicians its normal but there retarded

Old 02-03-2009, 11:13 PM
Gen-X Hemi

Hey albertaavenger, or anyone else who has successfully done this bigger hard drive mod, could you maybe help me out with it because I have what I like to think as pretty good computer knowlege, nothing on the level as needed to do this on my own though. I havent ever worked with cloning or ghosting or upsizing partitions. I don't have any of the software or boot cd's necessary but I figure I can get all of that. Either way can anyone here help me I really want to do this I have like no space on my unit with the nav and everything installed, it's a joke. So if someone could help me out that would be great, it seems like this is the only place where someone has succeded with this, I know because I have been searching for a solution to this in different forums and such for at least a couple days. Thanks for the help if anyone can give it.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:39 AM
Gen-X Hemi

Anyone....?

Old 06-11-2009, 09:19 AM
bonjoey
Default Play DVD video on your REN MyGiG system while your vehicle is in motion

found it and it works
took like 15 min
http://mygig.110mb.com/
just loaded the cd and now i can watch dvds while my wife drives
the kids love it to now i can change chapters on the dvd while we are driving , now i do not have to watch the same mickey mouse over and over,
bojoey

Old 06-11-2009, 12:51 PM
dodgiee
Rookie

Great found, thanks for sharing the link.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:33 AM
TedEbear
Rookie

Originally Posted by bonjoey
found it and it works
LOL - found it? With your first and only post promoting the website I'd wager that you're the one who is selling it.

Quick Reply: MyGIG Mods / Hacks?