2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

2.7 engine.... afraid of it...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 08:26 PM
regandon
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2.7 engine.... afraid of it...

ORIGINAL: SueK

Hey here's a Mazda Forum if you wanna go http://www.mazdaforum.com/ Just kidding, Just kidding
Good one....not kidding...not kidding

Old 11-01-2011, 04:50 PM
72combo
Champion

08 Avenger with 50,000 km's no issues that were not taken care of by the dealer, one was an odd wearing seat...I believe it was the velcro on my kids shorts because since they changed the bottom seat cover on warranty in the first year and he doesn't wear those anymore I guess it would be our fault but it was covered under warranty. Can look at it two ways but that and a bent rotor after an accident was the only things we have had issue with. There have been a couple not recalls but those other things, were just flashes. 2.7 L I think is the same block as the 3.5 because there is another pipe coming off the y pipe that is blocked off which would have the other side of the dual exhaust from the R/T. One engine issue was it would idle too fast at first start up in the cold but that was fixed right outside the service bay.

Old 11-05-2011, 11:53 AM
ThunderStick
Rookie
Default 2.7 No Problem

Ran a 2.7 in my 2000 Intrepid for over 188,000 miles with no issues. Have a 2.7 in my current '08 Avenger and no problems so far.

Quick Reply: 2.7 engine.... afraid of it...