2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

MyGIG Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 05:51 PM
rma8257
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MyGIG Software Update

I am new to the board and from what I have been reading, I would be willint to give the beta a try. I am getting ready to take my Avenger on a pretty long trip next Friday and could do with a little help for the locking up issue. It is a pain to come out of a gas station and not have your radio working. Especially if your next stop is 2 hrs away. And who knows if pulling the battery cable to restart it will be an option the way the weather has been like in the midwest lately. If there is any way to put the beta up for download I am willing to take my chances. I would be very greatful. Thanks in advance

Old 03-20-2008, 06:32 PM
obrienj

Hey you all think you have problems with your MyGiG systems, my 2 month old Chrysler Aspen memory seat just developed a mind of its own. When Iunlocked the car withmy key and got in, it simply decided to set the seat, pedals, mirrors, etc to my wife's settings.

I'm 6'2" and she is 5'2" and, yes, it was painful!

Oh well, off to the dealer tomorrow if I can figure out how to get in the car without being crushed.

Jim

P.S. Yes, I know how to clear all the settings

Old 03-20-2008, 08:22 PM
jvandover
Amateur

Dealership called me ealier this evening and said the new DVD is in and I can come by to get it.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:37 PM
waltls

I have a dealer installed RER Mygig and Uconnect but it still doesnt work. It doesn't respond to any voice commands. Is this a software fix?

Old 03-23-2008, 08:02 AM
Jas_Oz

ORIGINAL: waltls

I have a dealer installed RER Mygig and Uconnect but it still doesnt work. It doesn't respond to any voice commands. Is this a software fix?
Did the dealer install the RER after delivery (not from factory)?? in that case u need a jumper cable thats not out yet.

Once this cable is in it will work.

I have fou Steve fro HB to be a great help, very nice bloke. He is on vacation so dont bother emailing him..let him relax.

Also posting that email and cell number of the HB employee is not good at all!

Old 03-23-2008, 08:03 AM
Jas_Oz

Also, does anyone know what pins i need to use if I want to install my own mic for the RER uconnect/mygig??? i want to do a home made job! im assuming Mic + and mic -??
Cheers

Jas

Old 03-24-2008, 01:40 AM
Crashaholic

Also, does anyone know what pins i need to use if I want to install my own mic for the RER uconnect/mygig??? i want to do a home made job! im assuming Mic + and mic -??
Cheers

Jas
If you would have looked thru the Topics, you would have found this https://dodgeforum.com/m_1202064/tm.htm
Scroll down to the 2nd post.

Old 03-24-2008, 03:11 AM
Jas_Oz

ORIGINAL: Crashaholic

Cheers

Jas
If you would have looked thru the Topics, you would have found this https://dodgeforum.com/m_1202064/tm.htm
Well I did look thru the topics and that information is useless for what I need...so thank for the sarcasm.

I want to do my own mic but the factory mic is 3 to 6 wires, im not sure what ones i really need...as far as i am concerned all I need is Mic + and Mic - but it seems different to what the mygig says.

I also have a PDF direct from Harman for the pinouts but it is still no go.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:05 AM
nightshade72

ORIGINAL: Jas_Oz

ORIGINAL: Crashaholic

Cheers

Jas
Well I did look thru the topics and that information is useless for what I need...so thank for the sarcasm.

I want to do my own mic but the factory mic is 3 to 6 wires, im not sure what ones i really need...as far as i am concerned all I need is Mic + and Mic - but it seems different to what the mygig says.

I also have a PDF direct from Harman for the pinouts but it is still no go.
No reason to take a shot at him. Seriously, he pointed you to the full pinout of the connector..

I know there was a link somewhere on how to hook in a mic.. but remember, that pinout is for the RER radio.. you have the one without NAV right? so it may be different and there may actually only be a MIC+ and MIC-

I don't think he was trying to be terriblysarcastic..

I think maybe the mic has noise cancelling or something like that.. maybe that requires more inputs?

Old 03-24-2008, 03:31 PM
milous
Rookie

ORIGINAL: jvandover

Dealership called me ealier this evening and said the new DVD is in and I can come by to get it.
More than likely it is the 9.561 release...

Quick Reply: MyGIG Software Update