2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

MyGIG Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 09:27 PM
jwreich
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reboot issue...

Originally Posted by Bucksfan
Good day all. New to the forum. I am having a problem with my MyGig head unit. Suddenly it now has started rebooting randomly about every 2-3 min. I have Application: 9.214 and Gracenotes: 881. Should I install a new software version? Anyone else have this problem? Any help or advice appreciated. The van has 39K so out of warranty. Example of problem is: kids watching the VES with DVD in the lower DVD player not the head unit, the screen will go dark and no sound, the rear screens still show the DVD video, the head unit reboots and it comes back on with the radio playing and I have to choose VES again to get the DVD sound back.

Has this issue been addressed? I read through the last 15 pages of post on this thread, but this is the only reference to this issue. I'm ready to do the update from the unofficial MyGig site, but wanted to get as much info as possible as this issue started for me yesterday.

Thanks..

jesse

Old 08-16-2012, 04:01 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by jwreich
Has this issue been addressed? I read through the last 15 pages of post on this thread, but this is the only reference to this issue. I'm ready to do the update from the unofficial MyGig site, but wanted to get as much info as possible as this issue started for me yesterday.

Thanks..

jesse

Jesse,

There has been a couple of software updates depending on what radio you have. If you PM me your Vin I can which may apply to your unit.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:09 PM
NEANI7777
Default MyGig Multimedia infortainment system with NAV

Hello,

My name is Neani. I purchased a 2009 Dodge Journey in 2009. About a year ago my whole multimedia system just quit. It would not turn on no matter what. Now I have discovered in the morning when the car is cool the whole system works fine until you turn it off then it will not come on again until the next morning or until it is cool.

I took it in to the Dodge dealer and he said it was just in need of replacing the whole multimedia system and that would cost me $1,000. That was just ridculous to me so I did not have it fixed. My thought is maybe there is a wiring issue. Maybe something had worked loose or getting overheated.

I had another Tech tell me that perhaps it just needs a software update. If anyone has an issue like this or any advice it would be very much apppreciated. Also where do I purchase the update. The dealer what $250.00.

Thanks,
Neani

Old 03-07-2013, 07:51 AM
DodgeCares
Champion

Originally Posted by NEANI7777
Hello,

My name is Neani. I purchased a 2009 Dodge Journey in 2009. About a year ago my whole multimedia system just quit. It would not turn on no matter what. Now I have discovered in the morning when the car is cool the whole system works fine until you turn it off then it will not come on again until the next morning or until it is cool.

I took it in to the Dodge dealer and he said it was just in need of replacing the whole multimedia system and that would cost me $1,000. That was just ridculous to me so I did not have it fixed. My thought is maybe there is a wiring issue. Maybe something had worked loose or getting overheated.

I had another Tech tell me that perhaps it just needs a software update. If anyone has an issue like this or any advice it would be very much apppreciated. Also where do I purchase the update. The dealer what $250.00.

Thanks,
Neani
Neani,

What radio unit do you have? The only case I could find of the radio overheating had to do with the antenna. The possible solution was stated as:

"Check the amplified antenna feed from the roof mount antenna to the radio on the X62 circuit. If it's shorted to ground, the radio will get hot and quit working."

Old 03-07-2013, 09:43 PM
NEANI7777
Default MyGig Navigation

Hi,

Thank you for replying. I have the 2009 Dodge Journey AWD. It has the MyGig Navigation system, has the Uconnect, Nav, 6 disc, satellite radio...etc. this Journey is nice and was loaded. I just love my car but now I bummed. So please let me know what I can do to check that out.

Neani

Old 03-08-2013, 07:32 AM
DodgeCares
Champion

The dealer tech needs to check STAR case # K31301492 to see if it applies to the issue you are experiencing.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:00 PM
NEANI7777
Default HI

Hi Chris,

What is a star case? Is this something I can look at myself?

Neani

Old 03-08-2013, 12:58 PM
DodgeCares
Champion

A STAR case is a case created to help dealer techs identify issues that others have encountered. Only a dealership can look them up but it basically says what I have already posted in bold in post #404 above. Your original post seems to indicate the radio quits working when it gets hot and works when its cool. I looked up the symptoms as you described and checking the antenna feed for a ground short was recommended. It is not saying that this will cure the issue you are experiencing but another vehicle had the similar symptoms and that's what they have found as the problem. The dealership can look up these cases to help them identify hard to pinpoint issues as a place to start for diagnosis.

Quick Reply: MyGIG Software Update