2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

MyGIG Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 01:26 AM
milous
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MyGIG Software Update

ORIGINAL: cjuarros

Does it matter which vehicle we have? I know this is in the avenger forum, but will this upgrade also work on a charger?
Yes it will... updates are radio-specific (model RER, REN etc.) rather than vehicle specific.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:53 AM
scubabuddy

Hi from the UK,

Would you happen to know if this update will work on the UK MyGig in my Avenger?

I have also just experienced a problem whereby i suddenly cannot play music stored on the Hard Drive??? can list albums and pick tracks but the unit just switches back to the player with no music selected!!! Any help would be much appreciated.

Barry.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:45 AM
futil
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Garybuck, Try installing the 9.799 version then install 9.713 at the website.. Might fix your issues since the volume bug was caused due to HD corruption and 9.799 is supposed to address that issue..
http://mofv.com/mygig/HDFix9799.htm

Scubabuddy, Yes the RER will work on REW/UKradios.. I just had a person write me and tell me that it does work and they tried it.. but I should have the REW version within a week (Hopefully) if you would like to wait.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:22 PM
futil
Veteran

Oh and Milous, You are correct when you said it is radio specific.. but in this instance the RER just happens to work with the REW..

When in doubt all you need to do is use the version that is listed for your model of radio .. So RER updates for RER radios, REW updates for REW radios, etc.. but vehicles do not matter with the exception of the Jeep Wrangler which will work with the updates but had features disabled before the latest update.. so even that does not apply anymore since 9.713 removed the differences for that vehicle..

Old 04-16-2008, 04:08 PM
garybuck

[quote]ORIGINAL: futil

Garybuck, Try installing the 9.799 version then install 9.713 at the website.. Might fix your issues since the volume bug was caused due to HD corruption and 9.799 is supposed to address that issue..
http://mofv.com/mygig/HDFix9799.htm

Old 04-16-2008, 04:15 PM
garybuck

futil,

You state I should try fix 9.799 as this "may" correct the problem. I've looked at that fix and the problem description does not quite match what I have. I can currently see files on my HDD, I can select those files,but no volume. The thing is I did the 9.713 update earlier this week. I update the gracenote database last night. The radio worked fine after the update, but tow hours later it did not. I will see if I can research this problem a little more before I jump into installing 9.799. I will keep you posted.

Thanks,

Gary

Old 04-16-2008, 05:33 PM
scubabuddy

futil.
Thank you very much for the prompt reply, got in my Avenger tonight and the music is playing fine again, very strange. Checked the version and i have 9.041, pretty old by the look of it so think i will wait for your upload of the new one.

For future reference, when i bought my car last week the dealer told me the DVD player did not work on UK Avengers, so i tried one tonight just for the hell of it, and lo and behold it works when parked excellent, will keep my daughter happy. Will call the dealer tomorrow and tell them there information is wrong.

All i need now is to get the uconnect bluetooth and voice control working and i have everything i need.

Excellent service your providing here, shame your not on a commission looks like you deserve it, will be on regularly to see how things are developing, and if there's anything i can do in return to help please feel free to give me a shout.

Barry.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:07 PM
cjuarros

Futil,

I installed the software today, and everything went smooth. Had to re-pair my phone. No problem. But then I noticed that my house was not set as the "home" address on the nav. So I tried to re-set it, but can't get it to set no matter what I do. Sitting in the driveway, I select save location then select save as home, and I can push the darn button 20 times and it doesn't do anything. Same as if I select take me home, it says no home save, would you like to save now, I say yes, then try to select current location... nothing. I saved it as a favorite point, then tried to save that favorite point as home... still wont do it. Any ideas? Think the patch may fix it?

Old 04-16-2008, 11:37 PM
cjuarros

Also notice my sirius real time traffic is no longer working...

Old 04-16-2008, 11:46 PM
futil
Veteran

Garybuck, I know it's not the same issuebut because the patch addresses hard drive corruption and knowing that the volume issue is due to hard drive corruption or a bad GPS connection I assumed it couldn't hurt as you have to reinstall 9.713 again afterwards anyway.

Cjuarros, Try pulling the radio fuse, waiting 20 seconds then reinserting the fuse (actually Garybuck, you should try this too before installing anything else)The MyGIGs retain power even though the car is turned off so they never really get a clean boot unless you pull the fuse.. Expect the radio to act weird after the fuse is reinserted for up to20 minutes as they sometimes do strange things until they get settled again..Installing the 9.799 fix and/or reinstalling 9.713 can't hurt so if you would like to see if it helps I would try it if the fuse reset doesn't work...

I am concerned that some people may have been cut off and received an incomplete version of the patch as I had some issues this week such as the ISP outage, adjusting the bandwidth, and taking the servers down for maintenance... all of which cut the connection of people that were downloading the update at those times.. Since then I have not been making any changes to the servers and any updates that have been downloaded since should be reliable.. So even re-downloading the 9.713 may help..Either the download timed out and ended or auto resumedfor people that were effected but I don't trust auto resume to be 100% reliable.. So its recommended that when you burn the CD try using the verify option if your burning software supports it as it will usually turn up any corruption on the CD.I have since adjusted my attitude towards the web site as it is more mission critical to keep the servers running than I originally assumed. I mean the whole point is to help people not corrupt their radios.. But the point being is that you may have a slightly corrupted copy which occurred during download so you may want to consider re-downloading it and reinstalling depending on which days you downloaded the software from my servers (I posted the dates that the updates and ISP loss occurred on the main page under Latest News).

Actually if you can hold out for a little while, the 9.716 which has both updates rolled up into 1 should be easier to deal with.

ScubaBuddy, Thank you for props.. Actually I need tech support people as I can't field all these tech emails lol I just need to get the email part working but I am setting up a web based trouble ticket system so that I can manage all the requests for help and a forum so that others can help with MyGIG questions as most of you should be pros by now.. I had to rebuild my home computer yesterday (New MB, processor, and RAM.. Same OS/hard drive so it didn't take more than 1 day) so I couldn't get online to help anyone.. but now I have over50 backlogged MyGIG tech support emails.. But if I ever get the trouble ticket system set up I will probably accept people as support techs if they want to join in and provide them with an account..

Quick Reply: MyGIG Software Update