2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

MyGIG Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 09:18 PM
ssgtimholt1974
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This Might Help

Originally Posted by DodgeCaravan2010SXT
try burning different cds or on diff pc. try on xp system, might be if u on windows 7 it has a few issues on it.
I had the same problem. If you downloaded a freeware version of Nero, it may not have the capability to burn at a slow enough speed. Make sure you are using a CD. That is most important of all. After that, you can use CDburnerXP. It is a pretty good freeware download.

Make sure you name the disc correctly under options and when you click Burn, select "Let me choose Advanced Options" or something like that in the pop up. It will only let you take it as low as 8xspin on a burn but it worked perfectly for me on both the OS Update and the Gracenote update. Be sure to use a DVD on the Gracenotes cause it ain't gonna fit on a standard sized CD.

Good luck and thank FUTIL for all the work he does to get us these updates. We appreciate you man.

T

Old 12-27-2010, 07:24 PM
Bearcat Smith

I have question, not sure where I should ask it, hope this is the place.
How often are MyGig Nav update issued( I think my Ram show 2.043)? And what are grace notes?

Old 01-19-2011, 08:48 AM
Bobby Lee
Question What about RHB radios?

I just purchased a 2011 Ram 1500 that included a touch screen radio with navigation. The radio code is RHB, and the software version is 20.02.01 with Gracenote 8E6.

Can my radio be updated?

Old 02-23-2011, 01:56 PM
Bearcat Smith
Default Updates for NavTech MyGig GPS

Not sure just now to state this or even if this the right place, but here it goes:
Why is the map database in the MyGig system so screwed up? Roads that have been around for 50+ years are missing, yet some of the new roads are included?

I have located and DLd the software updates, and installed them with no problems, and I really do appreacate them, my other ??? is will the map updates be posted also?

Bearcat Smith

Old 04-18-2011, 06:43 AM
emerza

Hey, I'm having the same issue.....I can't find the final burn setting to check the box for multisession using Nero. I downloaded the newest version of Nero call burn lite and rom n still can't get it....ne ideas?

Old 05-08-2011, 12:47 AM
72combo
Champion

Far as I know you have to order the disc with you VIN number for 200 bucks or you don't get it. Has to be ordered with you VIN

Old 05-31-2011, 11:44 AM
timkski
Default MyGig radio wont load software update

Good Morning. I have a 2008 Dodge Durango with a MyGig RER with Nav/Sat/Hard Drive. I went to my Dodge dealer as I wanted to update my Nav Maps. They gave me a Radio software update disk to load versus what I have since found out I did not need. I loaded it and of course it screwed up my radio. The Rel level they gave me was 1.220. Software loads normally but then at appx 90% completion just after the flash EFS_Apps.efs file loads the screen fades away and then goes into a BOLD MODE emergency update and starts the reload process over again. It does this cycle continually no matter if the car is on, off, keys out of the ignition etc. The only way to stop this cycle is to pull fuse. I did manage to manually remove the CD. When I do this the software tries to pick up where it left off and then says no media detected. I have version 9.715 which I put back in, and it does the same thing. Loads the software and it looks like everything is going to work, and then at 90% complete it resets and the process starts again. I talked to my dealer and they want to sell me a $1,000.00 radio. Any ideas before I do this would be great.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:35 AM
maxime_1979

Originally Posted by futil
I set up a web site to keep everything organized. I will notify everyone in the forums when a new release is out and available
Click the link below to visit the site.
The Unofficial MyGIG Information Site
Thanks alot for your site! It's very complete and easy to navigate. It's alot of help! Thanks again!

Old 06-28-2011, 11:04 AM
Bucksfan

Good day all. New to the forum. I am having a problem with my MyGig head unit. Suddenly it now has started rebooting randomly about every 2-3 min. I have Application: 9.214 and Gracenotes: 881. Should I install a new software version? Anyone else have this problem? Any help or advice appreciated. The van has 39K so out of warranty. Example of problem is: kids watching the VES with DVD in the lower DVD player not the head unit, the screen will go dark and no sound, the rear screens still show the DVD video, the head unit reboots and it comes back on with the radio playing and I have to choose VES again to get the DVD sound back.

Old 09-15-2011, 01:10 AM
provoking

Since I have an RBZ, what update resources do I have since they are not included on the site?

Quick Reply: MyGIG Software Update