2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

MyGIG Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 01:46 PM
futil
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MyGIG Software Update

I set up a web site to keep everything organized. I will notify everyone in the forums when a new release is out and available
Click the link below to visit the site.
The Unofficial MyGIG Information Site

Last edited by futil; 03-24-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:05 PM
SueK
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MyGIG Software Update

Harman Pecker head better get it right this time.

Old 12-28-2007, 09:15 PM
Silkk19

Thanks for that update. I just installed it today and everything worked just like you said.

Old 12-28-2007, 09:21 PM
Voodoo Avenger

just curious...is there a detailed list of which "problems" this update addresses?

Old 12-29-2007, 03:07 AM
futil
Veteran

Aside of what I listed which is based on what I have seen from installing the update, from what others are saying after installing the update and the input from a Harman Becker tech, there is no formal list since the update hasnt been officially released yet.

Old 12-29-2007, 10:06 PM
needforsleep
Rookie

Do you know if this is for REN and RER radios? REN = No navigation and RER = With Navigation.

The reason I ask is that I have an RER in my 08 Avenger and I have an REN in my 08 Caravan.

I know they are both Harman radios but they are physically different with the different buttons on the front.

Old 12-29-2007, 11:25 PM
futil
Veteran

That's actually a pretty good question..Thisupgrade has beeninstalled successfully onMyGIG radios withnavigation but Idon't know if it will work or was meant tobe applied to the non navigational MyGIG radios.

The install is 564MB so based off of the size I would assume navigational data will be updated.

I just contacted Harman Becker and asked them if the same patch will work on non-navigational MyGIG radios, I also asked that if there is a different installation image will an update be offered for that radio.

I'll let you know when I hear back from them.

Old 12-30-2007, 07:32 AM
futil
Veteran

I heard back from Harman Becker..

They said that this update will not work withREN (NON Nav) radios because the REN MyGIG radios have a different architecture inside them. You also can not update them to be a RER (Nav enabled) radio.

If you tried using this patch on a non nav radio it would refuse installation.

There currently is an officially released update for the non nav radio but they said that there are very few changes that the user would notice.

Send an email including your name and Addressand ask for a REN software update CD toSteve Montealegre at Harman Becker (SMontealegre@harmanbecker.com) and he will send you an upgrade CD for the MyGIGREN.

So to answer your question.. This patch is only forMyGIG radios with Navigation.

Old 12-30-2007, 09:24 AM
jt239

I tryed the update and it seemed to work but when I returned to my vehicle the nav was freakin out. It is trying to update again and keeps giving "serious error (1200)" Can anybody help??
The unit wont respond to anything I do...I want to put the disc back in and try the update again hoping it will clear the error. Any ideas, I am desperate at this point. Thank you.

Old 12-30-2007, 12:30 PM
needforsleep
Rookie

futil, you might want to edit the title of this thread and edit your main thread so no one attempts to update their REN radio with this file.

I emailed the Harman rep and requested an REN update for my 08 Caravan since I have had an annoying bug that happens when attempting to play a bad file. The system will lock itself down.

Quick Reply: MyGIG Software Update