2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

MyGIG RER radio wiring (for IPOD)

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 10:37 AM
dsn123
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I have an RER Radio with MyGig, Uconnect and NAV, factory installed, on a 2008 Chrysler Town & Country van. The Parts manager ordered me the ...263 cable. Then they tried to install it, couldn't do it, then told me nothing will integrate my iPod with the RER radio, but for $182 plus installation they can order something that will let me use my iPod without integration in the glove box but would have to use the iPod controls to work it? What? How would I even be able to see it while I am driving? I am so angry, I wasted 1 1/2 days on this, and a lot of gas going back and forth to the dealer!!!! So I am thinking about getting the $49.99 Griffin TuneFlex.

Old 12-17-2008, 05:41 PM
spolebitski

Hello All I Need Your Help!

I am not a dodge owner but will be a jeep owner. In my brochure it talks about a cable called the UCI Cable that allows me to operate my ipod from the Uconnect GPS (RER) Radio's touch screen. The part number 82210787AB is not listed on the Mopar Site for the liberty, however it can be found in other's like the Patriot. In doing research I found this discussion on the part. From what I can read this part comes with the vehicle, was it listed on the sticker at all? Also does this part connect directly to to the radio or to a part that is connected to the radio? Also does anyone have a picture. I am really frustrated with my dealer because they have no clue about this part nor its function. I am told to connect it to the AUX port but this will not be able to be controlled trough the touch screen. Any help would be great.

Old 07-05-2010, 06:59 PM
72combo
Champion

What I get is there is a cable for the RER 82211743AB but only works on 2009 and up. It will not work with radios built before 2009 or it might be 2009 model year I am not sure. If you have a 2008 you might as well just use the aux connector for 113 bucks you can get a hook up so you can put your ipod in the glove box but all the radio controls is volume and tone....Go to Radio shack and get a cable to fit the aux and the earphones on your ipod and you will be rocking but, you will have to put the volume on you ipod up then you control it from the radio but nothing else except equalizer. So for 113 Chrysler will sell you something that is invisilble but for 3.99 you can put a cable or you might have one laying around your house from an old mp3 player.Just to clarify.

Last edited by 72combo; 07-09-2010 at 03:35 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:29 PM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by nightshade72
Thanks so much.

Now to find the pinout to the ipod connection cable. It plugs into the uconnect and since they all now have ipod control embedded, may be able to get that working.. dealership sold me the cable with the car but couldn't get it working.. they ahve chrysler engineering working on it though.

Really would like to have proper ipod controls available as syncing tunes to the mygig is a bit time consuming.. would rather just plug in my 160Gb ipod directly and be done with it.
2009 and up only has the ipod chip

Old 07-12-2010, 12:31 PM
72combo
Champion

Radios built before 2008 are not equipped with a chip that allows the conversion of the .aac files to whatever they are converted to in order to play and to display song titles and control it from your radio. So Chrysler engineering can do whatever they want unless they can come up with some cable that converts the files before they hit the radio to something the radio recognizes. This is not something that a flash can fix. The dealer does not have Chrysler Engineering working on it....cuz they aren't. What can they do? I give them a lot of credit they have come up with some fixes for some things like the fuel saver light and several updates to make things work better but if they can fix this I will be amazed and will always buy Dodge vehicles.

Old 07-31-2023, 10:36 AM
filip ON4AEO

Hello I am new here but have read your post and this already helps me a lot I have a dodge ram 2012 with alpine sound so with amplifier now you could most likely also help me with the connections of the amp input or on its at least be able to say whether the output of the radio discussed here is a pre-amp output or x number of Watts. Thank you very much Filip from Belgium

Quick Reply: MyGIG RER radio wiring (for IPOD)