2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

P0700 Error

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 09:05 PM
blckninja
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0700 Error

I know that with a P0700 error, the TCM has an error code I need to retrieve. My question is: Is there a tool where I can get the error code from the TCM or do I need to take it to mechanic to retrieve the codes?

Old 01-30-2014, 10:57 PM
blckninja

Can nobody seriously help with this simple question? I haven't been able to find the answer anywhere, would be nice to get some help.

Old 03-17-2014, 12:53 PM
guapoman2000
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do realize that this thread / post is rather dated (several months), however, if it is still an issue and to answer your question then, please visit...

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0700

Old 03-20-2014, 11:10 AM
blckninja

Thanks for the reply, and the link, but I already know what the error is, and what I need to do, the link didn't answer my question at all.

Old 03-20-2014, 12:19 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by blckninja
Thanks for the reply, and the link, but I already know what the error is, and what I need to do, the link didn't answer my question at all.

Originally Posted by blckninja
Can nobody seriously help with this simple question? I haven't been able to find the answer anywhere, would be nice to get some help.
Sorry we couldn't serve you better and in a more timely fashion. I guess you'll be wanting a refund??

Old 03-20-2014, 03:29 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

When using a scanner to check engine codes and the P0700 code comes up, then you need to scan the transmission side of the pcm to find out what are the real transmission codes. The P0700 is to let you know that there maybe a problem with the controller or the transmission. Without all the information we maybe just guessing at your problem. Just to add this, When you are looking for answers and it been more than two days without a response. Ask a moderator, anyone of us can help you find the person to ask.

Old 03-25-2014, 01:08 PM
blckninja

Originally Posted by TNtech
Sorry we couldn't serve you better and in a more timely fashion. I guess you'll be wanting a refund??
Are you too afraid to live up to the fact that you violated the rules that you are supposed to enforce on this forum that you decided to delete my other post? Or did someone else delete it after you whined and complained to them that i'm being a big bully to you?

Old 03-26-2014, 12:22 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

No rules were violated. And there was no whining either. Did you find out what your transmission codes were?

Quick Reply: P0700 Error