2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

dodge avenger 2008 floorboard passenger side wet

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 12:57 PM
romanesco
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dodge avenger 2008 floorboard passenger side wet

Hey, after heavy rain overnight, while my car was sitting outside, the floorboard on the passengerside is soaked. Can anybody tell me where to start looking?

I do not have a sunroof, and I didn't drive the car.

Kind regards, erik@romanesco.nl

Old 04-15-2018, 03:41 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Window seals. Windshield seal.

Old 04-15-2018, 04:58 PM
romanesco
Default 2008 Avenger floorboard wet

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Window seals. Windshield seal.
Ok, thanks. The water is coming from behind the dashboard, does that add uo to a windshield seal? and its like a lot of water, like over a gallon......its soaked big time.

Old 04-15-2018, 05:49 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Could also be the cowl area then

Old 11-01-2019, 05:11 PM
frank the artist

gotta question,did you ever figure out the problem?

Old 11-01-2019, 05:22 PM
frank the artist

Originally Posted by romanesco
hey, after heavy rain overnight, while my car was sitting outside, the floorboard on the passengerside is soaked. Can anybody tell me where to start looking?

I do not have a sunroof, and i didn't drive the car.

i have the same problem,did you ever figure it out?

Old 02-23-2020, 11:41 AM
Broke But Functioning Garage

Originally Posted by romanesco
Hey, after heavy rain overnight, while my car was sitting outside, the floorboard on the passengerside is soaked. Can anybody tell me where to start looking?

I do not have a sunroof, and I didn't drive the car.

I know this has been a while since you posted but I may have some insight... My wife has a 2008 avenger and we were getting all kinds of water all over the floor board for nearly a year. I chased and chased it all over and couldnt find it for the longest time. I checked the sunroof drains, I installed new seals on the sunroof, new door seals and finally a new windshield seal... still water.... needless to say I was pissed and it was NOT cheap... long story short I had removed the head liner out of the car and was examining the sunroof again, (thinking maybe I'd installed something wrong) when I got a single drip of water down onto my head... I looked around and I found my issue.... the roof of the car has a black trim stuck into a body line along the roof (both sides of the car.) under the trim was a 4 inch hole that ran the width and length of the trim. (we had it on both sides of the car when I got into it.) the car had never been factory seam sealed and the only thing stopping water in that area was the paint and the plastic trim. the car flexed over the years driving, cracked the paint under the trim and every drop of water would leak straight into the car. the water runs down the a pillar to a location behind the dash and then to the floor. I cleaned the area really good and used a epoxy to fill the holes under the trim. (then glued the trim back down w/ adhesive.) have not had water since.... dodge made a **** product when they made that car.

Old 02-23-2020, 11:51 AM
Broke But Functioning Garage

My wifes's 2008 had the same problem... we replaced every seal possible and it kept giving us a ton of water every time it rained. We replaced the seals for the windshield, door, and sunroof. replaced the sunroof drains and still wet floors... I removed the head liner one day to again check the sunroof drains, thinking that i had maybe installed them wrong, and had a drip of water fall down on me... I probed around the area with my finger and found a spot that was VERY wet along the roof. On top of the car there is black molding or trim down the body line on either side of the roof. well under that trim we had a 4 inch rotten out spot that would let water just FLOW into the car. (we had it on both sides of the car) the water flowed down the a pillar and behind the dash, then down to the floor. I pulled the trim up outside of the roof, used a dremel to clean off all the rust and rot under the trim. (the rot was ONLY visable under the trim.) I grabbed a thin piece of plastic (as I do not have a welder) and some 2 part epoxy and filled the hole. I put epoxy outside under the trim and on the inside of the car as well. I glued the trim back down (you can also replace the trim, its not super expensive) and we have not had a drop of water since.
Dodge did not seam seal these cars at all along the roof, the only thing that stops water from getting in is the paint and the "sticky" from the underside of the trim. time goes by and the paint under there cracks with the body movement of the car, the "sticky" stuff gets worn from water beating against it while driving etc and it lets water flow directly into the car...
Hope this helps anyone who's having the same problem bc i was at my wits end on the thing.... Dodge made a piece of **** when they made the 08 avenger...

Quick Reply: dodge avenger 2008 floorboard passenger side wet