2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

ASD fuse feed 3

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 08:46 AM
Rachel5589
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ASD fuse feed 3

I have a 2013 Dodge avenger and a few days ago it randomly decided it did not want to start. This has never happened. I finally realized it was a blown fuse making it not start and after replacing the fuse, it started like normal. The fuse that blew was for the Automatic shutdown relay, feed 3. So from my research I believe the fuse is likely to have blown from a wire short somewhere. Does anybody have any idea what the feed 3 powers so I know where to look for problem wires? I know the fuel pump was still working while the car wouldn't crank so Im pretty sure feed 3 doesn't go to that. Any help would be appreciated with this problem. Thanks

Old 07-14-2019, 10:04 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the forum. I'm not sure what all is on that fuse, but hopefully someone with a service manual will chime in and have the info you need. Enjoy the boards!!

Old 03-02-2020, 10:37 AM
Janie Newton
Default Same issue

I could have written this message. Right now I threw in a 20 amp fuse, and it is running, but as I write this reply, my nephew is trying to find the issue. If he finds what’s wrong. I will def let you know!

***he is looking at the battery for any kind of corrosion as he said that this could very well be tripping the 15 fuse. Will post more as I know more.

Last edited by Janie Newton; 03-02-2020 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Add a solution?
Old 03-06-2020, 04:51 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

The problem sound the same as a 2.4 engine we had on the PT and Status. The cause was the starter shorting and sending too much current to the fuse and then the fuse blows.

Old 09-03-2021, 02:55 PM
wes78
Default Any updates???!!!

Dealing with problem now and I can’t find anything on the internet about it. Seems one will only blow when vehicle is warmed up good. Cannot find a short. Any ideas? Fuse 23-asd relay feed 3 to coils

Quick Reply: ASD fuse feed 3