2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

totaled my truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007 | 11:22 PM
User
Champion
Default RE: totaled my truck

Sorry to here about the accident. I would do what virused said, and stirp down some parts before they take it and sell them. I would like to have an extra set of MSD wires, incase mine burn, i need some header wrap lol.

Old 04-05-2007 | 11:25 PM
rhowe
|
Professional

thanks all... i'm going early tom morn to get the tb and tb cable and a bunch of other stuff.a local dealer ship gave me 4 dead tires that i'm swapping for the new ones that are on there now. does anybody want the plastic bed liner?? probaly wouldn't want to ship it(i live in KC). wish i could tear all the usable parts off for peops that need em on this forum but i'd have to have something to replace em with. i am taking off all my mods though. i can't give em away but i'd make a hell of a deal..

Old 04-05-2007 | 11:44 PM
User
Champion

ill buy the wires, i need extra.... also if Virused bacjks out on the TB, ill take that to..

What else do you have done to the truck?

Old 04-06-2007 | 12:35 AM
rhowe
|
Professional

smaller crank pulley with new resized belt. they won't pay mefor that cause i guess that maintanence, 3923 plugs but those are best new. and thats realley about it.and a k&n drop in. oh i guess i have an extra oem oil plug if any body wants it, i put a magnetic plug in a couple of oil changes ago(i highly recomend doing that, pulled out some nasty magnetic grease globs).

Old 04-06-2007 | 03:07 AM
User
Champion

do you know if that crank pulley will work on a 5.9? If so let me know, and ill take that off your hands to.. probably going to be a bitch to get back off though, but dont worry about it, if its to much work then leave it, but hey if you can make a few extra bucks off the truck then do it..

It was a v6 so of-course you wont have enough wires for me, but just like having backups.. those damn MSD Wires are expensive,

but ya, like i said.. If Virused backs out on the Throttle Body..

Ill take it.. The TB, Wires, and Pulley. lol

Old 04-09-2007 | 02:39 AM
rhowe
|
Professional

ok, went in today and got the parts off that i wanted, except for the v8 accelerater cable to go with the throttle body. didn't bring any needle nose pliers, but i'm going totry to get it tom. morn. also took off the hitch that i got on ebay that i was never able to use. i think its a class 3 but don't remember. its the heavey duty big hitch, probaly not ment for a v6. i'll let you guys know about the tb and the wires....

Old 04-09-2007 | 03:05 AM
User
Champion

ok cool.. keep me posted.

I just got a set of MSD wires from one of the guys in DFWDakota Club for 25bucks.. but if you still want to get rid of them let me know, i woudnt mind having a 3rd set. lol.

but the pulley and tb i would like to, but Virused has first bids on the TB. Also see if you can find some info on the pulley and do you know where you got it from and who made it?

Thanks.

Old 04-11-2007 | 12:22 AM
rhowe
|
Professional

the crank pulley was from summit racing. i didn't want to mess with an electric fan. but for $50 it was deff. worth it, judging by the "seat of my pants preformance gauge". if u get one you'll have to replace the belt and those are like $60+.

Old 04-11-2007 | 08:34 PM
BoeingMan
Professional

Good excuse to get you another better one. Good deals on trucks out there right now.

Quick Reply: totaled my truck