2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Dakota or Tundra?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 09:05 PM
dodgedakota98luver
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Dakota or Tundra?

ORIGINAL: 02Dakota06Yamaha

If someone follows up a new thread with these questions in it... I might cry...

1. Where do I re-fill my blinker fluid?
2. Where can I find replacement muffler bearings?
3. Is it true that when I get a car with a sunroof it has more leg room? (Typical Blonde one there)
Lol i know this kid that was all yeah i was workin on my car and i think i messed up and put the carborator bearings in the muffler and themuffler bearings in the carborator and now it dont run to good bad thing was he was serious LMAO

Old 04-19-2007, 11:44 PM
imnothot02
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ proaly changed his muffler belt the next day didnt he

Old 05-26-2007, 11:23 PM
grovy1993

can any one tell me how can I sto odometer on dodge caravan?

Old 05-26-2007, 11:52 PM
MTHillBilly

wow ok well im sure all this answered his question Any ways bud it up to you me personaly i dont care for the looks of the tundra's but the new ones sound good mechanical with the new designed running gear an all but i like the looks of the dak and the power of my 5.9

Old 06-17-2007, 10:37 PM
falcon241073

ORIGINAL: heavyk298

Oh, I disagree with you, that makes me a racist. I said that I wouldn't buy vehicles from japan, and that makes me a racist. Whats next? Oh I have a *****, I'm sexist, give me a break.

If you're so hell bent ondefending a Toyota, then why don't you just trade in all your vehicles and get one, sinces they're "so great". There has to be a reason whyyou own a Dodge, and not a Toyota.

The american worker deserves to retire and have all the benefits. They worked hard. Thats how america is suppose to work, you work hard your entire life, and you get rewarded. I think you're just a bitter man, because you're not retired and you don't wanna work hard.
(not jumping on you heavyk298, just the statement you made. I also prefer to buy MAerican vehicles, I like the styling better on most of them especially the trucks)

The American worker deserves nothing beyond his paycheck of fair wages for work performed, and I am an American worker. It bugs me to no ends when fellow employees want bonus money for doing their job well. you get paid to do a good job and any extra incentive money is for going WAAAAAYYYY beyond the described duties for your job. PERIOD!!! I believe unions had a perpose once, but now they are not needed like they were. Retirement is the employees responsibility. If you want more money you got options, more education, a indemend field of work, move to a better place for jobs, etc... All rewards come every 2 weeks on a little thing called a paycheck. This is what is wrong with our contry now, a sense of entitlement instead of self resposibility.

I would never alow some company or union to control my retirement. Bad enough all the money I put in Social INSECURITY I will never see. I like the idea of releasing half of it to my control, to invest where I want in the mutual funds of my choice just like a 401K or 403B. I have savings, ROTH IRA, and 401K. Why do I need a union or a company pension plan? I believe that we should be responsible for our own well being, not some CEO, Union Pres., or the government. When I retire I will be fine. I will have plenty of money to never work again and I only make $16 an hour now. I am going to Nursing school this fall. when I graduate I will be making $23+ an hours. No union just a supply and demand issue for nurses. Fewer nurses means more money for the ones that are out there. Always have a job where ever I go, lol. (I am an EMT now)

So stating all that, My choice on what I buy is not where it is made, who made it or where the company is HQ'd but on the best value for MY HARD EARNED DOLLAR!!!!

As far as the OP's question on which to buy. I would go with the Dakota (just not the one he is looking at) over a Tundra. Only because I like the 'Kota better than the Tundra. Out of his two choices he stated, if that is his only options, I would probably go Tundra if the miles are alot lower. The 90K+ is as little high. You do not know the maintenance history, etc... You buy that close to 100K you might be in for some money going out to fix maintainence that was neglected. Just be careful when buying used and pick value for you money over all else.

Quick Reply: Dakota or Tundra?