2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Bought Used 99

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 12:28 AM
biglou
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought Used 99

Dodge Dakota SLT . So far, very pleased with it. It has 98,XXX miles for $4,000. But besides some nicks and scratches. The only main problem with my new truck is the drivers side electrical automatic door lock. Will automatically lock on it's own out of no where. And when you put your key in the door lock to open it. You have to turn the key and pull the handle at the same time or other wise the lock with just go back down before you have time to pull the handle. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem may be? THanks in advance.

Lou

Old 06-06-2007, 01:22 AM
TheePlaymaker
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Bought Used 99

not really sure about this but auto.consumerguide.com says that one of the flaws is that water gets down inthe lock cylinderand messes the lock up causing it to unlock and lock spontaneously. so idk if thats whats wrong with it or not just my suggestion.

Old 06-06-2007, 02:46 AM
Billiam
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bought Used 99

Congrats on the buy! They'll last a while if you take care of it, I just hit 104k miles, still like a mack truck.

Quick Reply: Bought Used 99