2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

tb upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 02:38 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: tb upgrade

You could but IMO you'd be wasting your time, the magnets work about as well as the throttle body spacers do: not at all.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:52 AM
00r/t
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They have to be strong magnets. I come from a family of mechanics so i know that they are arrogant and believe they know it all because of their title. I have actually used 2 magnets zip tied around my fuel line about a foot before the fuel rails. Its supposed to charge, not rearrange, the fuel atoms causing them to repel each other so instead of the fuel intering the combustion chamber packed together they are more spread outwith means the mix with the air better and has a more complete burn. Some people only get 20 miles per tank more, but even with that it still pays for itself within the first tank of gas. To the diesel mechanic of 13 years: These magnets won't work for you because diesel is nothing more than an extremely thin oil, magnets don't have the same effect.

Old 06-14-2007, 02:01 PM
00r/t
Professional

I put my ported 53mm trottle body on for a few minutes last night to make sure it was going to work properly before i run i at the track tomarrowand i have to say that there way a huge improvment! It wouldn't idle right because i had a couple little air leaks around the butterflys that i am fixing today but the throttle response seemed to be twice as good & the gas pedal felt pretty good compared to the stock tb. My tb is 53mm butits only gonna flow about what a 52mm from "thefastman" will flow because im using the stock throttle plate shaft which blocks alot of air compared to the profile ones that dan (thefastman)uses. The Fast Man has perfected upgrading stock throttle bodies so i say if you do one yourself than bore it out a little bit bigger than 52mm because with basic tools theres no way to get anything as precise as a machine shop.

Old 06-14-2007, 05:48 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: 00r/t

They have to be strong magnets. I come from a family of mechanics so i know that they are arrogant and believe they know it all because of their title. I have actually used 2 magnets zip tied around my fuel line about a foot before the fuel rails. Its supposed to charge, not rearrange, the fuel atoms causing them to repel each other so instead of the fuel intering the combustion chamber packed together they are more spread outwith means the mix with the air better and has a more complete burn. Some people only get 20 miles per tank more, but even with that it still pays for itself within the first tank of gas. To the diesel mechanic of 13 years: These magnets won't work for you because diesel is nothing more than an extremely thin oil, magnets don't have the same effect.

so have u ever taken a hard drive apart, i collect my friends and family's old ones and use them or take them apart if they dont work so it wouldnt cost me anything for the magnets, if i just took them a zip tied them to the fuel line at the rails it would help???? i'll have to try that when i get the durango

o and p.s. the magnets that i take out of these drives can be put on drywall and used as stud finders(theyll stick to the nails in the studs)

Old 06-14-2007, 08:54 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i like sub magnets.. i use them for free car washes.. they are stong enought o get free cokes and anything that takes coins down a slot..

Old 06-15-2007, 02:45 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

i think ill have to try that w/ a computer drive magnet ill let you know how it goes

Old 06-15-2007, 04:47 PM
00r/t
Professional

I've never taken a hard drive apart so i don't know how strong those magnets are but if they will stick to nails through studs than they should be stong enough to work. It's worth a try, nothing to loose but a few minutes & a couple magnets.

Quick Reply: tb upgrade